SW Consortium - Please Post Results Here

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
madsystem

Re: SW Consortium - Please Post Results Here.

Post by madsystem »

Mashier with 263 you have choice of all the schools. Boys grammar, parmiters, queens, ricky, scd.
Tech score would get you in bm last three years.
As with other posts which is your preferred school?
2unfair

Post by 2unfair »

decaff thank you for encouragement. I will certainly consider the 2 schools you suggest. It's such a pity our address is approx 284m from WGBS.
Missquito

Post by Missquito »

Is there anyone else from Ricky that is considering Queens'? I am not sure about the journey / travel time. I don't think my DD has scored high enough for Ricky which is her preferred choice.
decaff

Post by decaff »

2unfair you must still put WBGS as your first choice as you never know it may come out that far.
tense

Post by tense »

plantagenet wrote:Thanks. We are close to Parmiters but it's a bit touch and go on the cut-off score, I admit. Might have to wait for CI list movement but that's for another day. DD really fell in love with Queens and it's her first choice. Just would like her to be able to walk to school (Parmiters).

Just to confirm we are W.
Walking to school is certainly not the be all and end all. If your dd loved Queens' why not go for it? You certainly seem to have reservations about Parmiter's - if neither you or your dd feel it's the right fit for your family (& everyone is after different things, certainly no criticism intended in saying that) it could be a long haul. Sadly, we have seen dc drop out over the years.

My dc do the same journey everyday as your dd would to Queens' & it's not a tricky one honestly.
plantagenet

Post by plantagenet »

Thank you, for your message, Tense. I suppose I am linking walking to school with the fact that she will be with a number of her friends. Not to say she won't make new ones any where she goes!
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

How do you find out what the cut off marks are for each school? Is it on the school website?
Radlettmother

Post by Radlettmother »

You don't, you can only find out what they have been in previous years. Last year they all went up by quite a big jump, proving that they really are just a guide. There is a table on a sticky at the top of this forum that has the various cut off points for previous years.
Nervydad

Post by Nervydad »

Hi my son got 244 in 11 plus and 234 in Bushey Mead test. He also got 220 in QE boys test.

Would ideally haved liked to try for Watford Boys (we are inner catchment) or Rickmansorth. But if the hike in scores that happened last year continues, we won't have a chance on either of these. So we're pretty anxious.

QE would be nice to apply to since my son achieved above the cut off score. But the journey from Watford seems too painful. There was talk of a bus service being organised for Watford based boys - anyone know if there is any truth in it?

Thanks
Nervydad

Post by Nervydad »

Hello
My son got 244 in 11 plus and 234 in Bushey Mead tech test. He also got 220 for QE boys, so could apply there (although slim chance of getting in).

Ideally we'd like to go for Watford Boys and Rickmansworth 1 and 2, but we're nervous as scores jumped hugely last year. Who knows if the trend will continue?

QE boys would be good (if unlikely), but concerned about the painful journey from Watford. Anyone know if rumours of possible bus service from watford being considered are true?

Pat of the back to all 10 year olds who took these tests. They are a tough challenge for kids so young!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now