Rickmansworth school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Rickmansworth school?

Post by scary mum »

Did she like it when you visited before applying?

(Edited 3 years later to remove incorrect information)
scary mum
decaff

Post by decaff »

Mummy 3. Rickmansworth is in Croxley Green not Rickmansworth so nearest station would be Croxley. About 10 mins walk from Croxley Station. Rickmansworth station about 20 mins walk but up a steep hill. Haydon is a much larger school than Rickmansworth only 195 in each year I think Haydon is about 300. Many children do travel from Ruislip/Eastcote to Rickmansworth there may even be a school bus so I would check with school. Rickmansworth is very good at performing arts/drama if she has an interest in this.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Did she like it when you visited before applying? You are lucky, in Buckinghamshire you automatically lose the original place if you go in a waiting list & are offered a place as you can't have 2 places offered at once.
According to the Herts site, this is also the case there. Presumably Herts CC can't enforce this, though, for applicants from other areas which don't apply the same rule.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mummy3

Post by Mummy3 »

Thank you decaff. Their website dosnt give details of distance from the station. I'm in northwood hills so croxley is just a few stops on the tube, so totally doable. Going to try see the school this week with dd to see how she feels. Still confused!!
Ari35

Post by Ari35 »

Hi,

I was just wondering what you decided with regards to these schools? I am also in Northwood hills within walking distance to Haydon but confused as to whether to put Rickmansworth above Haydon or not? What did you like about the schools?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now