Breaking News CEM VR Same paper as DAO results can be shared

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mgnmum

Re: Breaking News CEM VR Same paper as DAO results can be sh

Post by Mgnmum »

THank you for clarifying that. As you obviously have experience in the CEM VR test could you clarify what is in the VR paper rather than the english paper. is the comprehension english or VR, is Cloze ( only just learnt what that is) english or VR?

although I am in the fortunate position that we are hoping of a cross sibling place at WGSB I am annoyed that yet again one of my children gets a significant change 4 months before the exam. my eldest was in the year when they moved the exam from november to september with only 4 months notice.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The CEM Verbal Ability test consists of the English aspects of old style VR. Cloze, Shuffled Sentences, Antonyms, Synonyms , missing letters and Short Comprehension. We don't know exactly what will come up as there is no spec but it will not be Maths VR as that is contained in the paper Numerical Reasoning which DAO and SW Herts are not using. They both have their own maths papers so do not need the Numerical Reasoning paper. You need to go onto the forum shop and order CEM paper but just do the English VR aspects. DG
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Hi Daogroupie, Do you think they will have any comprehnsion questions?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think it is possible as SW Herts would welcome it as they have no English paper.. But DAO already have a detailed comprehension in their English paper although they might think a shorter more intense one shows a different skill. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now