zhp

Re: SW Herts and Mill Hill exam clash

Post by zhp »

thanks daogroupie can always count on you to give encouraging advice

lets see
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Mill Hill have provided a tear off slip at the bottom of the results letters for all those who want to sit DAO and the Second Round of Mill Hill.

So whoever told you that this was not possible was not correct. DAO and Mill Hill have clashed for the past four years and each year they have offered an early slot at DAO and a late slot at Mill Hill so students can sit both exams.

They cannot offer this for DAO and not for SW Herts especially as all those who want to sit DAO and SW Herts will be sitting the CEM at SW Herts on 5th September, not at DAO.

If you want to sit SW Herts and Mill Hill Second round contact the school and ask for a copy of the slip. DG
Rads2005

Post by Rads2005 »

Hi

I have been allotted a 12.30 pm slot at queens for the SWHerts exam.
I called Queens this morning and they refused any changes when I asked them for an earlier slot

Not sure what to request mill hill for second round ....Am or Pm ? Since the Queens one is mid -day !!!!
Rads2005

Post by Rads2005 »

Hi

Has anyone been in the same situation as mentioned above on my post ?

Any suggestions are welcome.....
Hera

Post by Hera »

Have you seen this in their FAQ section. I would try to call back:
What happens if my child is not able to attend the Academic and/or Music Test?

You should notify the test venue’s Admissions Secretary immediately to see if the session you have been given can be swapped, i.e. morning to afternoon, or afternoon to morning. If this is impossible arrangements may be made for your child to take the Test on the Reserve Day.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

when were you notified re test sitting, we have not heard anything
Rads2005

Post by Rads2005 »

Hi

For the SW herts exam, would anyone know the order of the exam - is it VR first and then maths or vice versa ?

My DD has the morning AM slot at MHCHS scheduled to finish at 12 PM and a 12.30 PM reporting time slot at Bushey Meads school (email says expected pickup time 3.30 PM)

I will be calling up the latter school for the actual start time of exams but in a worst case scenario was wondering in case we are late , in which paper will we have a late start ( not sure if they allow us late )

As per AA route planner it is a 17 min drive

Not sure if it is cutting a bit too fine and should I drop one exam

DD is ok to take both on the same day.

Thanks in advance !!
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

When DS2 took it three years ago, he definitely did the Maths paper first.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It won't be possible to do both with those timings. DD thinks it was the Maths first when she did it.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You need to bully and badger them into giving you doable time slots. This clash has happened every year for years and every parent I know of has managed to get time slots that will work. I know of someone taking SWherts at 815am and Mill Hill at 230pm and someone else taking DAO at 9am and Mill Hill at 230pm.

They cannot offer this to some and not to others. Just keep phoning them up until they are sick of you. Get your local MP involved. DG