watford tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
virtuo

watford tests

Post by virtuo »

The verbal reasoning was def. hard and the maths was easy except for the last 2.
Is it poss. t get a place if live about 450m from school.[/code][/quote]
watmum

Post by watmum »

I am not sure which school you are intending to go for with your distance comment, but there is a thread on this subject relating to Parmiter's if you scroll further down the list.
virtuo

watford tests

Post by virtuo »

I am talking about proximity to WGB , do you have to live fairly close to get a community place and do they take into consideration your test result even if you live in the catchment area? It must be a real task to allocate places in HERTS.
watford87

Re: watford tests

Post by watford87 »

virtuo wrote:I am talking about proximity to WGB , do you have to live fairly close to get a community place and do they take into consideration your test result even if you live in the catchment area? It must be a real task to allocate places in HERTS.
At the WBGS Open Day recently Martin Post said that the furthest boy who got in on proximity lived 486 metres away for 2007 intake. The test result is irrelevant to the community place - it's a different rule. This year there should be more boys theoritically who get in on proximity as the selective proportion has gone down to 25% from 35% for the previous year so if 486 metres is an average then it might be higher than this for 2008 intake??
guest100

Post by guest100 »

I read on a different thread in this forum that the seats that became available this year (because of reducing test intake percentage), will go to siblings from girls school - because last year not all siblings were given WGSB. The other proximity criteria comes after siblings from girls school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now