Unrealistic deadlines?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mgnmum

Unrealistic deadlines?

Post by Mgnmum »

I am in the fortunate place that we should have a cross sibling place but does anyone else worry about the very tight deadlines this year. Watford Boys have said that although the official deadline is the 31st October they are on half term, plus have inset day on Friday 23rd so actually want all the forms submitted on by 5pm on thursday 22nd! That is 3 days after the scores are released. Although most people will have a rough idea as to which schools they may apply to, some may get a good or bad surprise on the 19th and be rethinking everything. and forget it if you were planning on posting anything.
ToadMum

Re: Unrealistic deadlines?

Post by ToadMum »

Is this submission of a SIF? The submission of the CAF has nothing to do with the individual schools at this stage. Why not just send them their SIF anyway, then use the time allowed for submission of the local authority's CAF to decide whether or not to apply for a place at the school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Hera

Post by Hera »

The published dates gave the same timescales last year, however the results were sent out early on the preceding Friday.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

So we may get the results on Friday 16th instead?
Hera

Post by Hera »

I think that there is a strong chance that they will come out on the Friday as I am pretty sure that they came out the Friday before the deadline for the past 2 years.
Success999

Post by Success999 »

Hi,
Sorry for the silly question, but what is SIF? Is it a form?
When we need to fill this?
We have given sutton and Essex consortium exams so do we need to submit it with caf?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Success999 wrote:Hi,
Sorry for the silly question, but what is SIF? Is it a form?
When we need to fill this?
We have given sutton and Essex consortium exams so do we need to submit it with caf?
Supplementary Information Form. Since the official way of applying for a state school place is the Common Application Form submitted to your Local Education Authority, the only form that a school could insist upon is one obtaining from you extra information pertinent to that school only (and must be info that they are legally allowed to make part of their application process, not 'are the child's parents married to each other?' etc). In Essex, the only CSSE schools which require an extra form(apart from your application to take the 11+) are the two Roman Catholic schools in Southend.

I can't see anyone sending their child halfway round the M25 and beyond to attend a semi-selective RC comp, so I'm assuming you won't be applying to either of those should your DC score 303+ in the CSSE test.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Success999

Post by Success999 »

Thanks,Toadmum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now