Watford Girls Grammar School catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ukessex09

Watford Girls Grammar School catchment

Post by ukessex09 »

Hi,

My daugther had given the swhs test 11+ in sep.

we currrently live in essex and we are thinking of moving to watford if she gets good score.

Please could you advise if we can move in before 31 october so that we can get in catchment for watford girls grammar school

Please could you advise if this possible or the catchment place is taken when the application was made for the test

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: WATFORD GIRL GRAMMAR SCHOOL CATCHMENT

Post by ToadMum »

ukessex09 wrote:Hi,

My daugther had given the swhs test 11+ in sep.

we currrently live in essex and we are thinking of moving to watford if she gets good score.

Please could you advise if we can move in before 31 october so that we can get in catchment for watford girls grammar school

Please could you advise if this possible or the catchment place is taken when the application was made for the test

Thanks
Looking at the admissions criteria (which I'm sure you must have done before entering your DD for the test), it seems to read that you must be applying from the address to be used, so you can apply from an address you move to between now and the 31st. However, if you are moving into rented accommodation, you have to have severed all ties with your previous home address.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Applying for the test is different to applying for the school.

Do you have any idea how she did? Did she answer all the questions? Did she find them straightforward.

I hate to think of you moving and then getting a low score.

What are your other options?

DG
ukessex09

Post by ukessex09 »

my other option is cchs and westcliff

she did gave bexley too
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So how did the CEM for Watford go?

You have not answered any of the questions I asked you? Did she know all the words? DG
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

This seems like quite a risk to take in the first year of a new style of test. How have you decided what score would be worth the move?