Travelling from Stanmore to WGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
silverysea

Re: Travelling from Stanmore to WGSB

Post by silverysea »

Or in my case, "I can't believe this is the best way, maybe someone else has a secret magic route!"
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

I think many parents would be delighted with just one bus journey of reasonable length. DD is on the public bus as well even though there are many coaches travelling to her school. No one uses coaches if they can use public transport. And it's free at their age here.

Well, I hope OP has some choice- the tube to Wembley Park and then up on the Met line, the 142 bus or the H12 bus along the Uxbridge Road to Hatch End and then the Overground. Spoilt for choice! All the best, OP. All the children are on public transport in the area, my DD included.
poojad

Post by poojad »

It was only a simple question asking for suggestions only thinking that I've not missed anything. If anyone has problems there's no obligation to respond to that. No need to put your nasty thoughts. Guess some people are sitting free just to respond to anything and everything on social chats!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I doubt that anyone means to be downright nasty. It's just that you really don't have to search very far on this site to find many examples of those who have gone for the kudos of a particular school, without the slightest thought as to the practicalities until after national offer day.

Perhaps if you had given some idea of the public transport options you had discovered already, rather than only alluding to having discovered that a school with a fairly restricted catchment (even for 'academic' places) doesn't provide transport, you would have got more of the response that you wanted :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Poojad, that is quite insulting; I have tried to help by making 3 suggestions. What more could I do? You asked for help - clearly I live in the area and know a bit about how you might get your son to school. I haven't tried to insult you so I don't need you to make unkind remarks. Thank you wouldn't go amiss though.
piggys

Post by piggys »

Nobody is posting 'nasty thoughts' poojad; your OP implies you have no idea about how to get to the school and didn't even realise the school had no transport facility. That is poor planning on your part. Not bothering to thank Kingfisher for her detailed advice is mighty churlish too. :shock:
Fustrateddad

Post by Fustrateddad »

piggys wrote:Nobody is posting 'nasty thoughts' poojad; your OP implies you have no idea about how to get to the school and didn't even realise the school had no transport facility. That is poor planning on your part. Not bothering to thank Kingfisher for her detailed advice is mighty churlish too. :shock:
+1

I so agree with you
poojad

Post by poojad »

Apologies to Kingfisher specifically! Didn't mean to offend. My reply was people who thought instead of asking for suggestions I was making other people do work for me!!!
Thanks Kingfisher for your kind response.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Thanks, Poojad. That is very much appreciated. All the best for your DS.
rosetta

Post by rosetta »

Isn't this in the wrong bit of the forum? (SW Herts is now a separate section.)

Also, I echo the query about how the OP's DS has managed to get an out-of-catchment place, as the only way to do this that I know of is via a sibling place. But if the OP already had a child at one of the Watford Grammars, they'd know how to get to Watford from Stanmore.

Something not quite right here...