DAO and SW Herts CEM is still the same paper a week apart.

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hera

Re: DAO and SW Herts CEM is still the same paper a week apar

Post by Hera »

But could SW Herts candidates in the catchment for DAO sit the CEM at DAO on the 3rd and then exactly the same paper on the 10th?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

No, because they would need to apply to sit DAO so they would be a DAO candidate.

DAO candidates can only sit the CEM on the 3rd September.

Nobody can sit twice. Last year DAO and SW Herts swopped candidate lists to make sure it did not happen because if you sat 830am at DAO you could have made 230pm at SW Herts and vice versa.

Those sitting both will have to do a Maths only sitting at SW Herts which will be an additional overhead for SW Herts.

If they had not moved to 10th September everything could have been as last year when all DAO /SW Herts candidates had to sit at SW Herts because of the Maths paper.

DAO will deliver a list of double dippers to SW Herts and they will have to organise a room and a time for them to just sit the Maths paper.

I expect SW Herts will either go fully CEM or move back to the same time as DAO next year to avoid this extra admin burden.

This is the first time in CEM history that two schools have used the same paper for their main sitting on different days.

Until now it has just been a backup day problem.

I hope SW Herts will remove the sentence on their test details that states that their papers are "specific to the consortium" as they are not. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Daogroupie wrote:DAO will deliver a list of double dippers to SW Herts and they will have to organise a room and a time for them to just sit the Maths paper.

I expect SW Herts will either go fully CEM or move back to the same time as DAO next year to avoid this extra admin burden.
Which is worse, the extra admin of having some candidates sitting only maths or extra resources to deal with Super Saturday tourists using SW Herts as a mock?

I assume the date change was to avoid the tourists.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Hera wrote:But could SW Herts candidates in the catchment for DAO sit the CEM at DAO on the 3rd and then exactly the same paper on the 10th?
They would be weeded out by CEM anyway if the papers are exactly the same and the first raw score used in both randomisations - unless they registered for one of the schools under an alias...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

ToadMum wrote:unless they registered for one of the schools under an alias...
Careful

You'll be giving people ideas!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

thisisnuts wrote:
ToadMum wrote:unless they registered for one of the schools under an alias...
Careful

You'll be giving people ideas!
I'm sure it's already been thought of, if not necessarily executed :shock: And there were the takes a few years back (not sure where, but Redbridge springs to mind for some reason) of '11+ candidates' driving themselves home at the end of the exam session :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This was alleged to have been seen happening at HBS. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

So what are my chances of getting DS to dress as a girl and sit the HBS exam for his little sis in a few years time?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rosetta

Post by rosetta »

Hang on - did I read this right?

Surely nowhere can use a paper for a high-stakes test that has already been used a week previously? In the near vicinity. That would be mad.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

rosetta wrote:Hang on - did I read this right?

Surely nowhere can use a paper for a high-stakes test that has already been used a week previously? In the near vicinity. That would be mad.
The papers are marked centrally.I not at tho schools. Anyone found to have taken the same paper twice would have the raw mark from the first sitting used in the standardisation for both, as far as I can remember from what CEM have said in the past. So no advantage at all to be gained and a very annoyed child once they find out they gave up a second Saturday in a row for nothing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now