The WGGS Triple Science Saga

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kittymum

Re: The WGGS Triple Science Saga

Post by kittymum »

BucksBornNBred wrote:So schools can't force pupils to sit them early, Guest55? A friend says her daughter sat early GCSEs at WHS and (I thought) implied that she was told she had to do them early. So if my DS is told to do some early then we can refuse?
WHS has a policy of sitting one early - when you choose options you choose the early sitting - it's certainly not presented as an option to refuse this.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Universities prefer to see all GCSES taken at the same time. It ispoarticualrly important during the new few years or students will have the wrong format grades ie letters when they should have numbers.

Many GS have stopped early entry - we did about ten years ago after researching the impact.
rosetta

Post by rosetta »

Just to update the thread - WGGS appear to have reviewed their policy (and all credit to them for doing this). The top set of those originally put down for combined science appear now to have been put down for triple - dd has been moved. :) This therefore appears to mean the school is continuing its longstanding policy re numbers doing double/triple.

I'm very relieved.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

That's great news. My DD was originally put in the triple group and was worrying about not being with her friends. She's much happier now :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Good to hear that the school has thought again about this :D
Hera

Post by Hera »

Two years on from this, my DD about to go into year 10, has been told up until today that the double and triple science groups would be announced this week. Today that they were told that they would not be told until the end of August as the school wants to review the results of this year's GCSEs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now