Hertfordshire consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hertfordshire consortium

Post by Guest »

Can anyone enlighten me with which schools are in the hertfordshire consortium?
Is there a selective subset?
I have googled and come up none the wiser

Post by Guest »

parmiters
wsb/wsg
queens
rickmansworth
bushy mead

clement danes
owens

could be candidates but the correct linkage not so sure
or if they are all part of the same exam consortium
WP

Re: Hertfordshire consortium

Post by WP »

Anonymous wrote:Can anyone enlighten me with which schools are in the hertfordshire consortium?
Is there a selective subset?
A group of schools in SW Hertfordshire jointly administer tests in Maths and verbal reasoning: Bushey Meads, Parmiter's, Queen's, Rickmansworth, St Clement Danes and the Watford Grammars. Except for Bushey Meads (which uses the tests for banding), they use the tests to select part of their intake. Except for Bushey Meads, they also jointly administer a music test used to select more students. Check the admissions section on any of the above schools' websites for details.

The only other partially selective school in Herts, Dame Alice Owen's, uses separate tests.
wat4steve

Post by wat4steve »

Hi

If I want to obtain my results does anybody know to whom I should be writting?
watmum

Post by watmum »

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean the results for the selective tests which were taken in November, or do you mean the previous years results??
wat4steve

Post by wat4steve »

The November sitting
watmum

Post by watmum »

To be honest I do not know of any body who has requested to know their results before. When my child sat the test, we were just told , in about March, what school she had been offered and the position on the waiting list for the other school we had placed on the list of preferred schools.

Sorry not to be of more help. I suppose you could ask Watford Grammar/Parmiters/queens the question, and see what they say!
WP

Post by WP »

watmum wrote:To be honest I do not know of any body who has requested to know their results before. When my child sat the test, we were just told , in about March, what school she had been offered and the position on the waiting list for the other school we had placed on the list of preferred schools.

Sorry not to be of more help. I suppose you could ask Watford Grammar/Parmiters/queens the question, and see what they say!
They will say (and have said) that the results are confidential to the schools. You could try a subject access request (on behalf of your child) under the Data Protection Act, but I've no idea whether that would succeed.
tense

Post by tense »

I've often wondered this! You read about appeals in other counties (esp Bucks) where the advice is to present lots of evidence of academic achievement - & presumably emphasise how your child (hopefully!) only missed out by a couple of marks.

I do wonder whether there are hundreds of appeals in Herts because you are doing it "blind" so to speak - with no idea whether your child came close to the cut off point or totally miles out.

Anyone any idea whether there are more than an average number of appeals in Herts?

Watmum - do you mind if I ask whether you were notified of your place on the waiting list at the time of allocation or does that come later? Thanks.
watmum

Post by watmum »

No problem Tense, I received three letters on the day in question, one from a school offering us a place, and one from the other school which we preferred ( and which was our number one choice), saying where we were on their list, and a third letter from county asking if we would like to accept the offered place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now