Identification

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mrsp1980

Identification

Post by Mrsp1980 »

Did no one else find it strange that the children were not asked to provide ID?
Otter

Re: Identification

Post by Otter »

Have they asked for ID in the past? I imagine that it would be nigh on impossible as the only valid ID at that age would be a passport and some children may not have one.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think some schools have required photos of the applicants verified by the current headteacher. Not sure what the current state of affairs re this is
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:I think some schools have required photos of the applicants verified by the current headteacher. Not sure what the current state of affairs re this is
This year, for the first time, the CSSE schools took a photograph of every candidate when they arrived to sit the exam. I have heard a rumour as to why and unfortunately, it concerned DD's school :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Otter

Post by Otter »

That was the other thing I was thinking of, but that would be quite a lot to administer but unfortunately there will be one or two people who would stop at nothing to get their child into a good school. I wonder whether anyone has ever been found out for getting a stooge to take the test?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Otter - have sent you a pm.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of selective schools who have students in Y7 who got a really high mark for the exam and the teachers have said that it is really not possible that the student sat the exam and got that mark.

Latymer have introduced photo id to make sure that the student who sits the exam is the same one who turns up for Y7! DG
Bee

Post by Bee »

Mrsp1980 wrote:Did no one else find it strange that the children were not asked to provide ID?
I did wonder whether some parents would use other kids to sit exams.
HBS asked for a photo to be attached to the form they emailed us – for both the tests

I think we also provided a photo with application for Sutton & Slough Consortium
Last edited by Bee on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

When dd1 went in for offer day at HBS when she was in Y6 she was astonished that a teacher said Hello to her by name as they passed each other on the stairs.

We realised afterwards that the teacher must have been looking at the photos we had sent in before they arrived.

The stakes are so very high so is it really very surprising that parents are prepared to go to such lengths? DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:
The stakes are so very high so is it really very surprising that parents are prepared to go to such lengths? DG
Is it surprising that some people are so devoid of morals that they are happy to teach their children that committing fraud is an acceptable way to behave in order to get what they want?

However much one feels it ought to be - sadly not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now