181 pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kay-jassoda

181 pass mark

Post by kay-jassoda »

Hi every one,

my daughter has a score of 181 for 11plus, i am very worried and confused about which schools should i applied, i really don't want to apply to francis combe or westfield. any other suggestions please. i wish i didn't send her that day for the exams as she wasn't feeling well. and i thought it was just the stress related. i am very disappointed with her results, as she worked so hard for this day. any suggestions please.

thank you
hermanmunster

Re: 181 pass mark

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi and welcome to the forum - can you tell me which area you are and then I can move the thread to the appropriate section - you are likely to get more advice there
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum - can you tell me which area you are and then I can move the thread to the appropriate section - you are likely to get more advice there
There is both a Francis Combe and a Westfield School in Watford, it seems.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is a SW Herts Score for the English CEM/Maths. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Dear OP
I'm not sure what you are really asking? My understanding is that with that score your DC won't get into the schools you would like. Are you asking for other local suggestions? What schools are you in catchment for? Just the ones you mention? Hopefully someone with local knowledge will come along & give you some suggestions now this is in the correct section.
scary mum
Otter

Post by Otter »

I assume you live in or around Watford. I don't really know how many non-consortium schools there are around the area, if you want to avoid the two you mentioned there is Bushey Academy, if you are Catholic there are St Michaels (Garston) and St Joan of Arc (Ricky) to choose from, I don't know what the criteria for Croxley Danes is, that may be worth checking. Hopefully there are others on this forum that would be able to offer more suggestions and advice, good luck.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Check out the Bushey Meads banding scheme for academic scores.