Admissions Query - WGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Otter

Re: Admissions Query - WGGS

Post by Otter »

AML wrote:Phew! So happy for you. Wonder what other mistakes have been made?

:|
Could such a mistake happen if she had a common surname like "Smith" and the admissions team possibly simply filed the SIF wrongly?
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

It's possible - our surname is relatively common with a (more common) alternative spelling. So yes, it is possible that a mistake was made there (if it was filed under the alternative spelling, perhaps).

Our daughter has a relatively uncommon first name but we do know that there is another girl in Watford with the exact same name born in the same year because she is registered at same optician and they *always* remark how unusual that there are two of them registered. I suppose it is possible that our paperwork was mixed up if she applied too. I guess we will never know!!
wtfd

Post by wtfd »

If there has been a mixup, does that mean that another child who should have been given a place at Westfield has been offered a place at Watford Girls?!
8March

Post by 8March »

1Watford wrote:Hello,
I've just had an admissions email allocating DD2 a place at Westfield. We live in inner and DD1 is at WGGS. Do you think it is possible a mistake has been made or were there really so many other sibling places?
Unsurprisingly I can't get through to the admission secretary!

Hi 1Watford,

I was just wondering if your DD2 is put on the waiting list for sibling criteria? Well I am really not sure if over subscription can occur for siblings as happens for proximity and academic criteria. As you wrote in an earlier reply, hopefully you will get it in next round of allocation.
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

I'm not sure - I don't think she is on the waiting list as such. We've just had written assurance that she will be offered a place in the next round. I suppose this means technically she will be top of the sibling waiting list but it shouldn't have happened in the first place! If you look at the admissions stats all siblings and cross siblings were offered places so there won't be a waiting list for those criteria (not unless it's a very small one with just my DD on it!)
8March

Post by 8March »

Well then that is a guarantee :).
Ally

Post by Ally »

If a mistake has been made which isnt your fault then surely they have to go over PAN and offer you a place

Good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now