Music Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Middlesexmum

Music Test

Post by Middlesexmum »

Does anyone know how many children approximately sat the Music test yesterday and how many are called back for the second round?
Sratansi

Re: Music Test

Post by Sratansi »

When I went to pick DD at WGGS the hall was packed, going by the Mock exams there i'd say around 140 sat. Not sure about second round though.

Did anyone's DD who sat the paper last night also hear a child humming (through the exam)?
simpoliya36

Post by simpoliya36 »

Does anyone know when the results for 1st stage of music test will be available?
Thank you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They are not in control of how many are called back as it depends on how many do well enough to pass the listening test.

At DA0 only about 20 to 30% pass so I would imagine it is about the same although both my dds found the SW Herts test much easier than the DAO test.

Results WILL NOT be posted or sent by email. You have to log onto the registration site to collect them. They have promised the results will be available within ten days of the test. They tend to be out quite quickly, I would start checking after a week. DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

I think that they do have some control over the numbers called back as the pass mark changes year on year by a couple of marks either way. It seems to be a couple of kids each year from my kids 2 different one entry primary schools that go through. I thought it looked as if far more kids were sitting this year but I might just be remembering it wrong. When my daughter did it on the Tuesday the results came through on the Friday evening as an email but the system has changed since then. I think that last year they came through on the following Monday. Good luck to everyone waiting.
YesWeCan

Post by YesWeCan »

I think we have to check on swherts website for the results and no email will be sent. Is the website updated only if DC is called for the audition? or, would they inform us even if not called.

A request please... if anyone gets their music result please post here.
Hera

Post by Hera »

If it is the same as it has been in the past (which I am sure it will be) you will be given your DCs mark and the pass mark. If your DC has achieved the marks to go though you will also be given details of the time and venue for stage 2.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now