Test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loopylala

Re: Test results

Post by loopylala »

Matth48 wrote:Are they going to hang about until sometime in March for a remarked exam?
I would suggest posting here to see if anyone can suggest some actions you can take to carry things forward:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could also try contacting Mrs King (admissions at Watford Girls?) to see if they can help. They appear to be the one who sent out the correction emails, going by other posts I've seen.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Matth48 wrote:And on a final note, if the tests can be remarked at 1st March, what is the point??? Places are allocated by then.
Because after 1st March you can appeal against your school allocation.
mymelody

Post by mymelody »

@Daogroupie thanks for your reply. I will check this out. I have not said anything to my DC. DC dosen't ask about the result either. This is the reason why I want to obtain the exam scripts. I would love to find out what was the cause of such a low score. Because simply my DC didn't do well? Bad hand writting? or skipped pages?? I want to explain to my DC WHY the score was so low.

I heard that exam papers are marked by computer. Not the human. Is this true?
malkaraj999

Post by malkaraj999 »

Hi
Any advise on how to challange or recorrect the scores published,My DD has written the exam and the scores she got are well less then what she has normally scored in other mock exams.I have a serious feeling that the marks may have been wrongly mapped.

Any advise wud be highly appreciated.
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Hi Svj123 I was in same situation as you, my DS had 250 in 2012 and they were much less than expected. They didn't allow remark until 1st of March but they informed me in March that he(October born) had very high raw marks in Maths but his standerdise score was only 111 in Maths and it was in line with October born because raw score was very high for Herts Maths.
So I recognised how important Maths would be for my 2017 DS .We are OK this time with overall score but mistakes can happen in checking if I was you I will try a remark but with all my mighty struggle I failed to get a remark until 1st of March.if you look at 2012 or 2013 thread most of us were told Maths standerdise marks
Good Luck
Teejay

Post by Teejay »

My son goes to a local school and secured 260 marks in the 11+ exam and opting Watford Boys Grammar.