Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Punchbag

Re: Test results

Post by Punchbag »

Blimey it's still down :o
HertsMum03

Post by HertsMum03 »

Website now working. The academic score for my DS remained the same. Good luck to you all.
YesWeCan

Post by YesWeCan »

SW consortium site is working now. No change in our scores.
Punchbag

Post by Punchbag »

Thankfully no change in our score.
andybuck

Post by andybuck »

Big relief here too.
Anushka06

Post by Anushka06 »

It appears our DS should be able to get in Watford boys based on historic cut offs.
Matth48

Post by Matth48 »

My twins were tested at Bushey Meads and received 204 & 199 respectively. Absolutely gutted at their results. Of course I will never show that in front of them, but I was so surprised as their end of year test results at Primary School came out as 100/105 out of 110 for maths & 44/47 out of 50 for VR. Even att their Open Evening tonight, the teachers were glowing in the praise for them. :D :(
After looking at the cut-off's for WGGS, where we hope they could attend, it looks ominous that they will actually be offered a place. We are in the inner catchment, but according to WGGS historical data, it looks like local distances are near enough to be in the school grounds.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sorry to hear your news. Your primary school actually tests for VR?

Have you seen the paper at all? There are two different types of VR and SW Herts uses English CEM VR.

Were you using CEM like material at home? I do wish SW Herts would give you the breakdown between the VR and the Maths so you were able to see which subject lost you the most marks.

However you can apply to CEM for your raw score by sending a cheque for £10.

I would suggest you might want to consider that. DG
Matth48

Post by Matth48 »

They test every 3 months as part of pupil records of progression. They're usually in the top 3 of their respective classes but I guess it was an off day.
I have contacted the Consortium regarding their test papers. I would like to see for myself what they got wrong. I have also requested their raw scores aswell. God knows when they'll get back to me though.
I would like to see what the standardization factor is.

All materials I revised with them were from the cem revision books. I would say, according to the kids point of view, the maths covered was 80% pointless. No algebra, no ratios, no basic trigonometry. 1 scale question.
piggys

Post by piggys »

This situation is deeply unsatisfactory and my commiserations to all parents and dc affected; the stress and worry of waiting, then being told a wrong result and then having to relive all the sorry again as you wait for the correct result. TBH I would want the entire test to be remarked.

This is the sort of situation in which, had it happened in a different situation/organisation, people would lose their jobs.

Some dc will have been told they scored highly, only to subsequently discover they did not. What a nightmare :shock: