SWC SIF

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

calm

SWC SIF

Post by calm »

I thought I start a new topic as I have got no reply yet.
Valuable people of this forum I would apreciate your opinion:
Just trying to get ready with the SIF completion for SWC schools. Queens requests SIF and STF to be returned by 31.10 by post.I thought that the schools will not need to know your preferred order, or am I missing something!!
We are waiting for DAO results which looks like will only come out on 24.10. by post.We will be away at the time.
Is the STF form they request your CAF?
Thank you.
ToadMum

Re: SWC SIF

Post by ToadMum »

calm wrote:I thought I start a new topic as I have got no reply yet.
Valuable people of this forum I would apreciate your opinion:
Just trying to get ready with the SIF completion for SWC schools. Queens requests SIF and STF to be returned by 31.10 by post.I thought that the schools will not need to know your preferred order, or am I missing something!!
We are waiting for DAO results which looks like will only come out on 24.10. by post.We will be away at the time.
Is the STF form they request your CAF?
Thank you.
'Secondary Transfer Form'?

If it is the local equivalent of what is usually known as the CAF, then this is something to be submitted to your own local authority, usually online there days, definitely not to an individual school (and yes, you are correct, schools are not permitted to know where you ranked them, so I hope there isn't a question about this on the SIF :shock: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
calm

Post by calm »

Yes, thank you , sorry the wording got me confused.

It is essential that BOTH forms are completed and returned:
 School SIF BY 31 OCTOBER 2017
 County STF BY 31 OCTOBER 2017. Failure to complete and return BOTH forms by the deadline may
result in the application not being considered.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

calm wrote:Yes, thank you , sorry the wording got me confused.

It is essential that BOTH forms are completed and returned:
 School SIF BY 31 OCTOBER 2017
 County STF BY 31 OCTOBER 2017. Failure to complete and return BOTH forms by the deadline may
result in the application not being considered.
:D

Remember that it's your home LA's CAF, though, if you live in a different LA from the school. A bit naughty of schools not to use a term which identifies this, rather than using the very specific name of the school's home LA's version.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ProudestParent

Post by ProudestParent »

I am confused about what forms to fill next. Dont want to make a mistake filling the incorrect form at the incorrect time. Any advice would be great.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ProudestParent wrote:I am confused about what forms to fill next. Dont want to make a mistake filling the incorrect form at the incorrect time. Any advice would be great.
The really important one is the one on your LA's website, on which you express all your preferences for secondary schools, even those in another area. Your LA handles all your applications on your behalf and tells you on March 1st which of your preferences you have been allocated.

Of almost equal importance is any Supplementary Information Form which an individual school may ask for, as this completes the application to that particular school,. It gives the school the extra information it says it needs in order to rank your application correctly - how many times you say hello to the local priest on Sunday mornings for faith schools etc. Without the SIF, your application will normally be ranked in the lowest category or, worse still, selected as 'not valid' (although I'm not sure they are meant to do this). The SIF is often a paper form and must usually be submitted to the school itself, not via the LA.

Wmt really need to go to the secondary school transfer pages on your LA's website and follow the instructions you will find there :) .
ProudestParent

Post by ProudestParent »

Thank you ToadMum.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

In my area, the grammar schools said that parents had to complete a SIF but what they meant was that children should have registered for the selection test and received a result - we didn't in fact have to fill out any actual form marked "Supplementary Information".

So it can be quite confusing. Best advice is to contact the school this week (don't forget it's half term next week) and ask where the form is, what needs to go on and and where to return it to.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now