KS2 SATS for Secondary Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HertsMum03

KS2 SATS for Secondary Schools

Post by HertsMum03 »

Hello,

Does anyone know if the SW Herts Grammars use the results of the Year 6 SATS for their assessments of the children when they start in Year 7?

Some parents have told me this is the case but DS's primary has told me not to specifically prepare DS for the SATs as the school will do everything.

Would love to get some feedback from parents.

Thanks
Mart25

Re: KS2 SATS for Secondary Schools

Post by Mart25 »

St Clement Danes use SATS results but only as a starting point for setting the children’s achievement targets in y7. That is, if you achieve well in the SATS you will be expected to meet higher target standards, if you perform less well your target standard will be lower - but in the latter case you do have more scope to ‘over-achieve’ if you produce good work. As I understand it the SATS scores are simply a useful starting point and targets are kept under review depending on how children actually perform once at secondary school
Personally, I would leave SATS preparation to the school - from experience last year the children who did good prep for the consortium test and then worked well at school during year 6 did well in their SATS. We did not do any extra SATS work at home and my child did well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now