Herts school allocations are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watfordmum2018

Re: Herts school allocations are out

Post by watfordmum2018 »

That's great violetsareblue. It sounds like you could get in on the first round. We will have a longer wait but fingers crossed! There is a large cluster of similar grades as we know someone who is just one point behind us in score but is 9 spaces away on the continuing interest list, even though they live the same distance as us from Parmiters.
17leaver

Post by 17leaver »

Yes watfordmum2018 it does seem like there are large clusters with similar scores this year.

There was a wider spread of scores last year.
218 was in the mid-high 20s position last year on the CI list, if that helps in judging movement?

Of course we all know every year is different and it’s very difficult to predict.
Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue »

Thanks Watfordmum2018. Hopefully both of us and others will have good news in the next few weeks. It seems the marks do move by a few points each year. Fingers crossed!
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Please keep us updated Violetsareblue. It would be good to know when the list is moving. We'll have a lot longer wait but keeping our fingers crossed. Problem is I am already fed up with waiting and so it's going to be painful.
Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue »

Hi - Watformmum2018 - same here with the "yet more waiting". I'm so over "waiting"! If I hear anything next week I will post with an update as of course it would be an indication of what's happening on the CI list which may be of interest to others. We're talking main Parmiters catchment so I understand that's 49 academic places (as 3 go to out of catchment). I just dont know how much movement to expect on the first round - I guess it's likely that we'll hear nothing next week and we just have to wait for get an update of where we are on the list on 26th.But if we have news I will post. Good luck with the "waiting" everybody.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Good luck everyone, I hope you get great news next week!

We applied to a Bucks school (we're in Herts) and Herts CC told me yesterday that Bucks will tell them next week during their (Herts') second allocation round if I have a place and they will let me know if I do.

However Bucks CC told me last week that they do not co-ordinate past the main allocation round, and re-iterated we wouldn't find out if we had a place until April 10th. Bucks seem very cagey on when their second allocation round actually takes place, there's nothing on their website.

So I'm now in this awkward situation next week where according to Herts, if we do get a place in the second round, they'll contact me. But according to Bucks, I won't hear anything from anyone except them until April 10th.

Think I need to email Bucks again and tell them what Herts said and ask for clarification, otherwise I'm going to go crazy. If I don't get an email from Herts next week I'm going to wonder if that's because we haven't got a place, rather than Bucks just hasn't done their thing yet.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now