Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 am 

Good luck to those waiting to hear. Thought I would start this off if people hear about places awarded in round 1 so people who are waiting can see if there is much movement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am 

Are people notified during this week if they have got places or do they just hear at the end on Friday or Monday? We will probably still be waiting on the second round but it would be good to see the how the CL lists move in the first round to get an idea of how our position may change. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 am 

I had understood people would hear towards beginning of this week and then have a week to accept or decline place offered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm 

I thought that in the first round you automatically got allocated the higher place school and lost the original allocation. It was only further rounds when you got the opportunity to decline the school offered through continuing interest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm 

Doubted myself for a second so checked the Herts website....

If a place becomes available and your child is first on the continuing interest list, the place will be automatically allocated to you – we'll let you know by email or letter (we can't tell you over the phone). Your previous offer will be automatically withdrawn. We won't write to you if you've been unsuccessful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm 

Thankyou, I didn’t know that- very useful information.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:58 pm 

Good luck everybody! I hope they let everyone know towards the start of this week rather than later on.

We are in Herts but waiting to hear if we have a school in Bucks, but Bucks don't tell people until April 10th the result of the second round. I have no idea when they actually do their second round or if they will let Herts know even if they won't let us know. Herts seemed to suggest they would hear from Bucks this week and then they'd let us know, Bucks says they don't co-ordinate outside the main allocation round.

So I have no idea if we stand the possibility of getting an email this week or not, and if we don't get one, I won't know if it's because it's bad news, or they just haven't done their allocations!

I have a Herts place for a fairly over-subscribed secondary I'd like to give up!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:18 pm 

Yes that's correct, you automatically get moved. Do these movements and notifications happen throughout the week though or are all the emails sent on the last day? I was wondering if we'll hear about any movements before the end of the process (on Friday/Monday)? Does anyone know from last year? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:51 pm 

I noticed in previous years people heard from the Tuesday onwards of CI week 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:34 pm 

Anybody received email regarding offer of scool place from school/ council ?