Continued Interest list round 1

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hjhj

Re: Continued Interest list round 1

Post by hjhj »

Waiting lists move and this year is no different. TRUST ME .September is too far but I can understand the agony and pain .
Good Luck
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Has anyone found out about their new position on the continuing interest list? I have emailed the school but so far not heard? Is it best to phone or email them, what is preferable?
Afnankhan

Post by Afnankhan »

I don’t which school u r waiting for, I email WBGS and my son is still on 4th position for inner catchment , no movement at all.
Try ringing them if not answering the email but I got a quick response via email, I can understand the anxiety as I m going through the same , I would ring .
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Thanks Afnankhan, it's for Parmiter's. I have just noticed that it says on the original email that they won't be able to give any updates on continuing interest position until after March 26th and so that's probably why I haven't heard. I had thought it was on March 26th. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Good luck waiting for your place at WGSB. It must be hard to see there hasn't been any movement yet. Hopefully there will be more positive news in the next round.
Paper6b

Post by Paper6b »

Hi, we are in the outer area for WGBS. My son has moved from 7th on the list to number 5. As I am new to all of this I would appreciate some guidance as to whether we have a chance or not given there are only 22 places for the outer area. Will there be much more movement?
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Hi paper6b,
You will get in but you will have to wait a bit. People don't realise that QE BOYS moves WBGS waiting list a lot,Specially outer catchment. I am sitting on WB outer catchment and waiting for QE and there are many like me in Pinner, Hatchend, Northwood and Harrow weald etc.....QE will pass its first batch of offers on Thursday and it will trigger the process slowly . Some of us slowly get QE and give up Watford, Although Watford may be better in some ways because it only gets 25% selective and produces great results.
GOOD LUCK
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Has anyone been notified of the current position on the Parmiter's continuing interest list. When I phoned they said to email. I have emailed but so far have not heard back.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I haven't heard anything from Parmiters, but I don't know if I'm still on their list or not. Herts says no, and I withdrew officially afternoon of March 1st, but I received a waiting list position the following Monday from Parmiters directly. So I'm not sure if I have to manually take myself off!
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Update: I have just called Parmiter's admissions and they said the admissions secretary has had emergency surgery and so is not currently in the office. This is the reason for the delay. They don't have anyone else who does the continuing interest lists. They said the admissions secretary has access to all the information at home and is looking at emails from there.
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

The Parmiter's inner list moved. We went up by 9 spaces. Still quite far from the top but waiting for the next round at the end of April.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now