Continued Interest list round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ally

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by Ally »

Still Waiting !

That was me all of 8 years ago. Back in 2010 I was desperately waiting for the CI list for Parmiters to move. It gets to a stage where the CI list movement or lack of it, is totally ruling your life! It was a slow year and by the start of May we had finally moved up to 7th place.

In June we attend an information evening at our allocated school - Queen's. ( our 2nd choice) At that evening I realised I was making a fuss amount nothing. Not getting a place at Parmiters wasn't the most important thing, a place at a school where my DS was happy, be supported and would be able to achieve to his accademic ability was most important.

Looking back now, after reading the post from 8 years ago. I tried to anslyise why getting into Parmiters was so so important to us and I can say I honestly don't know. Was it because it was Parmiters? Or because it was our 1st choice, or some other reason?

DS had a wonderful 7 years at Queens. Always achieving amazing results. And is now at the end of his 1st Year at a Russell Group Uni. One of the highlights was last September attending our final presentation evening ( yet another science award) It was lovely seeing his year together for a final time before they started at Uni.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Afnankhan wrote:
Most depressing thing z that someone in my DS class got admission in WBGS with 30 marks less then my DS but on the basis of distance and my information z that they used a fake address, their relatives address as they live near by.
That's terrible! Do you have evidence for this? You need to report it if someone is gaining a place by dishonest means.
Phoenix1000

Post by Phoenix1000 »

Watfordmum2018, we were allocated our 2nd choice. We were very undecided between that one and our first choice. To be honest when we received our allocation we were over the moon. We then spent what seemed like a very long time deciding whether to stay on CI. We decided in the end that we were extremely happy with our 2nd choice school (it's a first choice for many so we were very pleased).

Looking at previous years DD would have got into her first choice on CI. This year however things seem to be a bit different as much less movement.
If I'm being honest I'm glad I was able to make that decision to come off but I know many are not happy with their allocation and will remain on CI.

I wish you and everyone good luck in the following weeks for some sort of movement and good news.
Hardwork786

Post by Hardwork786 »

If you'd like previous information. Two years ago my son had scored 3 marks off the cut off mark for wgsb. He was 7th on the waiting list on allocation day. First round he was sixth and then on 26th April 2016 we received an email to tell us he had a place.

So there was movement. Wishing you all the best of luck. It was a tough time with the waiting but hang in there. I know some who have been offered a place in September.
Afnankhan

Post by Afnankhan »

Middlesexmum wrote:
Afnankhan wrote:
Most depressing thing z that someone in my DS class got admission in WBGS with 30 marks less then my DS but on the basis of distance and my information z that they used a fake address, their relatives address as they live near by.
That's terrible! Do you have evidence for this? You need to report it if someone is gaining a place by dishonest means.
Thank you for the support, only evidence I have got that I know they live 2 streets away from me which makes >1500 meters from school but they have got a place but I m still reporting it for council to check which address people r using.
To be honest criteria of distance z forcing people to use fake addresses and I think it’s unfair with the residents of watford having priority of one post code over another.

But I really appreciate the support given by all of you and after reading the reviews about queen’s my DS z bit settled now coz he was quite upset with that, someone with Low score is in WBGS and he z on waiting list .
Afnankhan

Post by Afnankhan »

Ally wrote:Still Waiting !

That was me all of 8 years ago. Back in 2010 I was desperately waiting for the CI list for Parmiters to move. It gets to a stage where the CI list movement or lack of it, is totally ruling your life! It was a slow year and by the start of May we had finally moved up to 7th place.

In June we attend an information evening at our allocated school - Queen's. ( our 2nd choice) At that evening I realised I was making a fuss amount nothing. Not getting a place at Parmiters wasn't the most important thing, a place at a school where my DS was happy, be supported and would be able to achieve to his accademic ability was most important.

Looking back now, after reading the post from 8 years ago. I tried to anslyise why getting into Parmiters was so so important to us and I can say I honestly don't know. Was it because it was Parmiters? Or because it was our 1st choice, or some other reason?

DS had a wonderful 7 years at Queens. Always achieving amazing results. And is now at the end of his 1st Year at a Russell Group Uni. One of the highlights was last September attending our final presentation evening ( yet another science award) It was lovely seeing his year together for a final time before they started at Uni.
Thank you so much for ur detailed review, this helped a lot, I let my DS to read it because he was asking me every minute , Any news??
Happydad0023

Post by Happydad0023 »

Our DD just received an offer from Watford Grammar via post this morning !

Very pleased - still some paperwork to do - but glad the wait for our #1 choice is over.

Thanks to everyone who's posted here, the information has been very helpful during the process.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.
Afnankhan

Post by Afnankhan »

Happydad0023 wrote:Our DD just received an offer from Watford Grammar via post this morning !

Very pleased - still some paperwork to do - but glad the wait for our #1 choice is over.

Thanks to everyone who's posted here, the information has been very helpful during the process.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.
Congratulations, well done
Phoenix1000

Post by Phoenix1000 »

Fantastic news happydad0023. Are you inner or outer? Could you say what position you were on the waitlist please to give an idea on movement? Thanks

Well done - very pleased for you and DD.
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Congratulations to your DD Happydad0023! It keeps us all motivated to know the lists are moving. Thank you for posting.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now