WGGS and OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sunshine2580

WGGS and OOC

Post by sunshine2580 »

My DD scored 238 and we are OOC. Considering last three years cut-off as stated below from their website, is she ina comfortable zone?
ENTRY IN YEAR
2016 2017 2018
ACADEMIC Lowest test score offered in the Rest of the Admission Area 227 230 232

Thanks
One worried parent :? :? :? :?
shah_2008

Re: WGGS and OOC

Post by shah_2008 »

i think so. also depends on those that drop out after allocation day. would keep as first choice. good luck. and congrats on a really good score.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

I think you should be ok. Last year my dd got 234 and got a place at Watford Girls on 1st March, we are also outer catchment. The cut-off score was expected to go down last year to take account of the extra places but instead it went up slightly. Maybe the exam was a bit easier.

Good luck to your dd.
swamik1

Post by swamik1 »

My daughter got 226 and we are inside catchement area. Can she get a place in WGGS or parmeter school ?

Thanks

One worried parent :( :(
Otter

Post by Otter »

sunshine2580 wrote:My DD scored 238 and we are OOC. Considering last three years cut-off as stated below from their website, is she ina comfortable zone?
ENTRY IN YEAR
2016 2017 2018
ACADEMIC Lowest test score offered in the Rest of the Admission Area 227 230 232

Thanks
One worried parent :? :? :? :?
You say you're OOC but are you in the outer catchment area as published on the WGGS website? If your postcode is not in the prerequisite catchment areas you have no chance. If you are then based on those scores I'd be confident of getting a place if I were in your shoes.
Otter

Post by Otter »

swamik1 wrote:My daughter got 226 and we are inside catchement area. Can she get a place in WGGS or parmeter school ?

Thanks

One worried parent :( :(
Based on previous years' scores you stand a reasonable chance of getting a place on 1st March, if you don't then there would be a pretty good chance of getting a place after going on the continued interest list. However in the meantime don't worry about that, just make sure you put your genuine first choices at the top of the CAF do not allow the score (or other parents) deter you from doing so but have your insurance school in 4th place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now