Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watfordmum2018

Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Good luck to everyone getting their school allocations tomorrow. I remember the apprehension our family felt last year. My daughter didn’t get her first choice on March 1st , but eventually got into Parmiter’s on May 1st. Remember the wait lists gradually move.
Balfron

Re: Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Post by Balfron »

That’s interesting to know. I have a year to go but love Parmiter’s. Has your experience been as good as I think it will be?
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Hi Balfron, My daughter absolutely loves it and we have been very impressed. Good luck for next year.
Sunshine08

Post by Sunshine08 »

Hi - wishing everyone waiting the best of luck. Last year we received our email at about 330 pm but I also had friends who did not hear until after 6pm, so sit tight!! Also if you are concerned you have not got your email by late afternoon / evening try and login on to the portal.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Good luck from me too, hope everyone gets the school they want. This was us last year. Remember the snow?! Dd's school closed early which meant an even longer wait at home for the London boroughs results. If you live in Herts it will be earlier I think.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. Also as someone else said waiting lists do move a fair bit between March and September. Our email came through at 14:04 last year (just checked).
chillout29

Post by chillout29 »

When do you find out where you are on the waiting lists? If we don’t get allocated SCD this afternoon will I receive an email with waiting list number and what the cutoff was? We have a scholarship offer which needs a response today and then another private school offer deadline noon on tuesday.

It will be difficult to make a decision today if I don’t have all the information.

However if the allocation email is received before schools finish today I assuming I can try and call SCD for some information if the lines are not too busy?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Hera

Post by Hera »

In the past they have sent a follow up letter a day or so later notifying you of the waiting list position. I don't think that they will be answering phones today.
chillout29

Post by chillout29 »

Is the follow up letter by email or post?

Trying to find out if I at least will know by lunchtime Tuesday.

Thanks
Hera

Post by Hera »

chillout29 wrote:Is the follow up letter by email or post?

Trying to find out if I at least will know by lunchtime Tuesday.

Thanks
This is on their website:

If you have not been successful in your application to this school, letters will be sent out on 1st March with information regarding your child's position on the continuing interest list and also information about how to appeal. We would request that you do not call the school before you receive this letter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now