Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mgnmum

Re: Good luck for school allocations tomorrow

Post by Mgnmum »

I presume you are out catchment. I am sure it will go down to 218 in next couple of months as people choose to take up private school places etc
Jam

Post by Jam »

We are inner catchment- it’s going to be a waiting game...
We like our allocated school so it’s not a disaster- more a disappointment.
nassir49

Post by nassir49 »

We got Watford boys. The score was 237 and we live in Harrow.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

SCD website has posted to say lowest score offered yesterday was 221 and music was 38
CareBear77

Post by CareBear77 »

Hi,

Does anyone know the cut off marks for Parmiter’s?

Thanks
chillout29

Post by chillout29 »

It will be posted to the parmiters website on Monday - my DS got a place and he got 228 in the academic test so it may be 228 again or lower.

Not sure I understand why cut off scores for the west hert schools have fallen this year given the 2007/2008 baby boom.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

chillout29 wrote: Not sure I understand why cut off scores for the west hert schools have fallen this year given the 2007/2008 baby boom.

There are quite a lot more places in the system: croxley danes school ( more people will choose it as they can see the building actually going up) The Reach is now open in its permanent place and both the boys and girls grammars have an extra class, so less pressure in the west side of the area.
Para74

Post by Para74 »

the marks we received are not absolute marks these are standardised marks ( Bell curve / Standard deviation/ normal distribution) there are several reasons for the academic cutoff is lower. This distribution marks is not only for acadamic candidates also for siblings / out of area / catchment area. there are several factors will move the cut off lower or higher.

for example if this year most of the sibling / out of arae candidates scored top of this distribution then the acadamic candidates will be pushed backed in the distribution that will lower the marks. new schools / baby boom i am not sure but this how the standardised marks in mathematics (which is also age indexed) work. there is some more info available in this forum if you really need to understand but with that you can write a thesis for statistical phd.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It is pre standardised, it is not standardised on the those taking the test for the consortium.
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

The Parmiter's cut off was 224 this year.