Queens - Continued Interest List

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Claired25

Queens - Continued Interest List

Post by Claired25 »

Hi my ds didn’t get any of our 4 school preferences. Our nearest school is Queens, only 922m away, however missed out on location places by 49m. He didn’t do well in his academic test so would never get in on that.

How does the CL work? Are there several lists for each criteria? He’s so unlucky as every year before this year he would have been given a place. We are desperate for him to go to Queens rather than the school he has been given.
karinasoko

Re: Queens - Continued Interest List

Post by karinasoko »

Hello dear members
I hope Claired25 wouldn’t mind me adding some questions to her post ( instead of opening a new thread ).
My DS also didn’t get any of the 4 school preferences. He is on the CI for a couple of schools. We got an e-mail from Queens saying only that He will remain on the CI but with no position. Other schools send e-mails with a detailed explanation of the position under each criterion applied. I have phoned the school and their reply was something like that “ We can not give your son positions on the waiting list as we don’t know how many people will accept or rejected a place and you will only find out after 1 round of CI..”
Is it a standard procedure for Queens? I am wondering how do they not know that? (other schools do)
I would like to know if my son has got any realistic chances of getting into that school. If I decide to appeal there is not much time left ( 18-22 march offers ''might'' start to come) as a deadline for appeal is 29th of March.

Any help will be much appreciated as I am so stressed and overwhelmed with this whole ‘’Secondary transfer’’ journey. ( My other son got into Watford Boys years ago with no hassle at all)
Thank you
Kind regards to all
Claired25

Post by Claired25 »

I emailed Queens on Friday to check my son was on the cl list. They emailed me back this morning saying he is 5th for distance and 288th on academic. I still don’t think being 5th for distance is too great. There must be less turn over of spaces for that criteria.
karinasoko

Post by karinasoko »

Claired25 Thank you for a quick reply. Why- I am wondering now.. :o I was told they can not tell me the position?

I will e-mail them ...

Claired25 5th position is really good.

Ps. I have received a reply e-mail with positions based on academic score and distance :) Waiting begins.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now