Waiting list Watford Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bushey38

Waiting list Watford Boys

Post by Bushey38 »

Does anyone know how many places were offered off the inner academic waiting list for Watford boys?
Jam

Re: Waiting list Watford Boys

Post by Jam »

WGBS has moved 1 place on the inner CI. Good luck to everyone- it is a strange situation to be in.
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

Thank you, that’s not much compared to some of the other schools. Is there likely to be much more movement between now and July?
Jam

Post by Jam »

I don’t know how much it moves. The general opinion seems to be that there is movement but I haven’t seen very much evidence of that yet at WGSB. Last year was a similar picture. It would be interesting to know how many children who were on the waiting list last year, did eventually get a place.
Para74

Post by Para74 »

Round One at WGBS : One movement due to student choose WGBS as first choice didn't want to confirm their preference school as WGBS.

What next: Round two: When other schools like parameters fill their movement then WGBS will get new vacancies to fill with in few weeks

This will continue for sometime. But near September Students selected WGBS as their local choice and holding private school places (with the deposit ) yet will decide what they want to do. once they have decided to cancel their places Then there will be further movement at that point.

This what I learned from a parent who has gone thru this last year.
Sunshine08

Post by Sunshine08 »

Hi. Based on previous years I would also agree that there are people who hold onto Selective school places whilst they decide whether to take a private school place. Some people don’t make that final decision until May / June. I know that it’s frustrating for those of you waiting for a place, but I just wanted to let you know not give up hope if you are at the upper end of waiting lists, as there could still be some movement.
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

So if they’re in the top 5 after the second round, they could still stand a chance of getting in?
Sunshine08

Post by Sunshine08 »

Bushey38 - it is possible as changes continue into the summer but will of course depend on the particular year. I was aware of a boy who started at Watford boys last year and got a private place two days into term which then freed up a space at Watford boys. My personal advice is to get your DC used to the idea of going to the current school they have been allocated and then if they get a place at chosen school, even better. I have heard some children be very disappointed because parents told them not to worry they would get their place as they were high on the waiting list.Best of luck.
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

Thank you. It’s very hard for him waiting to find out. We’ve been honest and said you’ve done really well to get this far. But the chances of getting in are very tough, especially as the number of academic places are very limited.. And the school you’ve been allocated is still very good. We’ve said let’s see what happens by the summer term and take it from there. It’s very hard when they have their heart set on a particular school.
But I do think he can do well and be happy wherever he goes. Thank you for your advice, We just want him to be happy.
Bushey38

Post by Bushey38 »

Watford grammar boys school has moved 1 more space on the inner academic waiting list. Since the end of April. She said it’s the slowest moving list this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now