VR exam for SWHerts and DAO identical?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
saffronLondon

Re: VR exam for SWHerts and DAO identical?

Post by saffronLondon »

Thanks for the prompt reply DG
saffronLondon

Post by saffronLondon »

BTW if you are in the top 325 and invited to sit English and maths, do they tell you the exact VR exam mark?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

All those who sit the VR exam on Monday 2nd September will be sent their standardised score and the information as to whether or not that score places the candidate in the top 325 and qualifies them for the second round exams.

The 325 applicants who qualify to sit the second round on Saturday 28th September will be sent their standardised scores for the English and Maths exams and their total score and rank among the 325 who sat the second round.

It is possible that not all of the 325 will sit the second round as they might have been sitting the DAO VR as a mock for HBS or SW Herts so may not see any point sitting the second round if they are not interested in applying to the school. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:
It is possible that not all of the 325 will sit the second round as they might have been sitting the DAO VR as a mock for HBS or SW Herts so may not see any point sitting the second round if they are not interested in applying to the school. DG
I'm sure that will be a great comfort to those whose DC really would like to go to the school, but who rank just outside the top 325...

Will many girls living in the DAO catchment area also be within the new HBS priority admissions area?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
busyMum2

Post by busyMum2 »

Daogroupie wrote:What sort of scores is he getting in timed papers? DG
Hi DG. Thanks for your very quick reply. In GL papers he is currently averaging high 90s but my main concern is that he hasn't been exposed to some less common question types. Which sort of papers would you say are best for varied question types?
Last edited by busyMum2 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There is no crossover between the HBS prioirty area and the DAO catchment area. DG
saffronLondon

Post by saffronLondon »

DG: your feedback much appreciated.
So really if you get through the VR hurdle, there is a good chance of getting in! DS now doing lots of timed VR practice papers and getting 90% and more. I just hope he performs on the day!
I am more nervous than he is but try not to show it ......
pubandstate

Post by pubandstate »

Can some one kindly tell me what was the minimum standerdised total score needed after second round last year to secure a place in DAO school.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The lowest total score of all three papers to secure a place on allocation day 1st March 2019 was 333/334 on Rank 110

The lowest total score to secure a place from the waiting list last year at DAO by September 2019 was 329/330 which is a combination of the three scores.

This was rank 123. DG
busyMum2

Post by busyMum2 »

Thanks a lot DG for the information.
May I ask what is the maximum scores for the Maths and English paper? 140 the same as VR or 100?