Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:41 am 

Exam candidates are not applicants!!!

Oversubscription criteria- such as 'siblings', the example (and it is only an example) given in the section of the Code I quoted, or 'distance' - can only be applied once the school is oversubscribed. And it is not oversubscribed at this point, because being oversubscribed has a precise meaning in the Code - and that is, having received more applications than there are places available. And 'application' also has a meaning - in terms of the main round of applications, it means submitting said application by means of completing and submitting to your home LA the Common Application Form provided by it. Not - in the state system - registering for, or even sitting, an entrance test.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:10 am 

HOW???? HOW???? HOW??? Do DAO get away with this year after year? It is a clear breach of the Admissions Code, openly discussed on here - and yet year after year they still do it!

They need to be reported and taken to task over it - Toadmum - who should I bring this up with because it needs to be addressed before this September? Or Daogroupie, you obviously have a lot of contact/admiration for the school, so perhaps you could explain to them how they are absolutely breaching the Admissions Code?

I don't want to feel complicit in this breach year after year, any more....

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:52 pm 

I thought I had asked a simple question about VR. How did this turn into a debate about entrance criteria? !!
Daogroupie: thanks for the advice about the relevant books to get. We'll be practising for the next three months.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:32 pm 

I thought I had asked a simple question about VR. How did this turn into a debate about entrance criteria? !!
Daogroupie: thanks for the advice about the relevant books to get. We'll be practising for the next three

Because if your child is tied with another child in the same VR score for place 325 but you live further away, your child will be knocked out and will not be able to sit the 2nd round, even if that other child had no intention of turning up for the second round or applying for a place if they score highly enough.