Watford Grammar Cross Sibling Rule

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Arewethereyet?

Watford Grammar Cross Sibling Rule

Post by Arewethereyet? »

I have heard it has been contested? Anyone got any info? Was hoping to use it for daughter for entry next year ☹️ We have been preparing for academic test but still would obviously be nice to think this may be an option. Thanks.
Mgnmum

Re: Watford Grammar Cross Sibling Rule

Post by Mgnmum »

The cross sibling rule was in place, then about 8-9 years ago it was removed, this was contested and 2 years later reinstated, then it was contested again about 4-5 years ago and remained in place. I am unaware of any changes since then or that it has been contested again. The schools notify existing parents of any changes to admission policy, the only ones i have had in last 2 years have been about changes to admission numbers, as both schools now take an extra class. ( i have children at both the boys and girls schools)
when contested most recently the review said that the schools were linked and needed to maintain that link to continue the cross sibling rule. The schools are more linked now than they were then, especially in 6th form, so i think very unlikely that anyone contesting the cross sibling rule would be successful.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The current admissions arrangements for 2020) will be on the schools' website. Consultation for next year will take place over the winter.
scary mum
Arewethereyet?

Post by Arewethereyet? »

Thank you x