Info for people sitting the consortium exams in September

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Info for people sitting the consortium exams in Septembe

Post by ToadMum »

FOI requests can be made directly to the organisation which owns the information, or you can make it via the whatdotheyknow website. The latter has the advantage of ensuring that all responses(as well as the original request) are made in the public domain.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
spanner

Post by spanner »

soumyadineshb wrote:
spanner wrote:You can submit a freedom of information request to the consortium.
Hello Spanner,

I would like to submit a freedom of information request to the consortium for 2019 anonymised standardised results. If you have already done this before, could you please mention how to do this? Is it by emailing them or is there a website where I can submit the request?

Also would you know whether I can get raw score of QE boys exam 2020 results of my child? I read some where that I can get it from GL by paying £10. Not sure how to do it

Thanks in davance.
Hi, I sent an email to swhsconsortium@gmail.com and started the email with 'I hereby request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act: '

I'm afraid I don't have any information on QE Boys.

Spanner
soumyadineshb

Post by soumyadineshb »

Thank you very much Spanner.
soumyadineshb

Post by soumyadineshb »

spanner wrote:In 2020, the cut-off scores on offers day for the consortium schools all dropped substantially both compared to the previous year (between 6 and 17 points) and compared to every year since the last change in VR provider.

My belief is, having seen the anonymised scores, that the drop was due to the change in VR provider and you can expect them to remain lower next year.

The distribution of the maths score has remained consistent across the last three years. The average VR score this year dropped 8 points and 13 points compared to the previous two years and now has a distribution almost identical to the maths scores.

While the cut-off scores themselves vary from year to year and depend on many factors, including fluctuations in birth rates, new school building/expansion, popularity of particular schools and the numbers choosing the private sector, I would expect them to be in the same ball park as this year.
Hello Spanner,

My child's score for 2021 entry is 219.

Last year's cut off for Parmiters was 214 and you explained that this drop ( from 224 & 228 for previous years ) is due to the change in VR provider. Thank you for that.

Do you know whether the SWH score is pre standardised ? Means that the cut off score will remain very similar to last year?

Thanks in advance
spanner

Post by spanner »

Congratulations, that’s a great score.
The score is standardised.
Obviously we don’t know what will happen this year as many factors come into where the cut-off actually ends up for any individual school but my prediction is that the cut-off for Parmiter’s will be +/- 4 points to last year (so 210-219). This is based on the previous year where the cut off was always within 4 points (224-228).
I would be very surprised if you didn’t get an offer from Parmiter’s, if not on March 2nd then on continued interest.
Good luck!
soumyadineshb

Post by soumyadineshb »

spanner wrote:Congratulations, that’s a great score.
The score is standardised.
Obviously we don’t know what will happen this year as many factors come into where the cut-off actually ends up for any individual school but my prediction is that the cut-off for Parmiter’s will be +/- 4 points to last year (so 210-219). This is based on the previous year where the cut off was always within 4 points (224-228).
I would be very surprised if you didn’t get an offer from Parmiter’s, if not on March 2nd then on continued interest.
Good luck!
Thank you Spanner. Fingers crossed