WGGS/Clement Danes from HA5/HA4

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DPDad

WGGS/Clement Danes from HA5/HA4

Post by DPDad »

Hi I am looking to move into this area and want to understand the possibilities and options I have for the grammar/partially selected schools . Are people getting into the likes of WGGS, Clement Danes etc from here? I know the chances are slim but I want to try. Other options include Pinner high but I don't know anything about this school and due to covid no exams will take place there for what would have been their first round of gcses.

many thanks
Hera

Re: WGGS/Clement Danes from HA5/HA4

Post by Hera »

Clement Danes has no catchment so your DC can take the academic or music exam for a place. WGGS does have a catchment and there is no point applying unless your postcode falls within that. I am pretty sure that some of the HA5 postcodes do but not the HA4. If you go to their admissions criteria it lists what they are.
DPDad

Post by DPDad »

Thank you Hera, HA5 does seem like a better option. However due to the number of spaces available I wanted to know if any ever get in from there.

regards
Hera

Post by Hera »

If the child scores enough to get in yes. At WGGS lots from Pinner, Hatch End etc. Lowest scores to gain a place in previous years are available on the school websites.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now