Parmiters vs WBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GeorgeN

Parmiters vs WBGS

Post by GeorgeN »

Dear all, got a dillema what to put top of the list for our son. We are on Metropolitan, HA6, so comutewise WBG is a winner. Other than that have no clear contender, we liked both during open days, son slightly inclined to favour a mixed school but not too strong on this, would appreciate your insight, hopefully based on experience with school.
KS10

Re: Parmiters vs WBGS

Post by KS10 »

Both of mine went to Parmiters and it’s a great school. Not sure how easy it is to get to the school from HA6 though.
spanner

Post by spanner »

My DS goes to Parmiter's and we are very happy with it. However, the commute is a big part of school life. I also loved Watford Boys when we looked around but I ruled it out purely on the basis that the journey would be really inconvenient for us. We are on a bus route for Parmiter's and it makes a big difference.
Hera

Post by Hera »

I would say based on the commute go for Watford Boys unless there is a really strong preference for mixed. Don't underestimate the impact a long and difficult commute can have on friendships, academic achievement and the ability to get the most out of a school. There will be lots of boys at the school living locally to him and a good group to commute with. My DS left the school last year and it was a great fit for him and we were very happy with the school. The pastoral care is superb, the teachers and school as a whole is very approachable and academically the standards are high. There are opportunities to to mix with girls from joint drama productions, if he is musical, and in sixth form there are some A-Level subjects shared between the boys and girls school.