Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cem

Re: Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Post by cem »

St Albans Mum how did you find out?
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

From Parmiter's Admissions staff - I emailed on Friday regarding our new position following 1st round of CI and received a reply today
overworked.com

Post by overworked.com »

Hi StAlbansmum33 - i can't get hold of parmiter's (getting an email saying that they're now out until 12th April) :roll:
How do you know the academic CI List has moved 5 places? When i log on it says to contact the admitting authority (which is the school!) to find out where we've moved to.....
cem

Post by cem »

StAlbansmum33 Thank you for reply. I called the school and sent an email .But seems like no respond until the 12th of April as they are close.Either there wasn't much movement or some more people add up on the list.Is it possible?
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

overworked.com as mentioned up the thread I emailed on Fri - reply received from Mrs Wheeler today. We've moved up 5 places.
Tarajisifa

Post by Tarajisifa »

This chasing up of schools is excruciating! Wish they all just passed info on to council on the milestone dates and it was on system like first allocations.
cem

Post by cem »

I have received email from Parmiter's, academic priority post code moved only 6 places down.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

spanner wrote:I believe that for some schools it ends at the end of the summer term and some carry on over to December. However, you can add yourself to the in-year transfer list after this
It would be the other way round for September year 7 intake - the minimum legal requirement is to maintain and admit from until 31st December a waiting list held in oversubscription criteria order. This must be re-ranked whenever a new applicant is added. Some schools then carry on filling 'casual' vacancies in that year group in the same way throughout year 7, but others dissolve the waiting list after 31st December and just have a continuing interest list for the rest of the year, which they only rank (again in oversubscription criteria order) if a vacancy arises.

It gets very confusing when year 6 parents look at a school website at the beginning of the summer term and see a message that the waiting list will be dissolved at the end of the term.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now