Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Post by ToadMum »

spanner wrote:I believe that for some schools it ends at the end of the summer term and some carry on over to December. However, you can add yourself to the in-year transfer list after this
Waiting lists for main round admissions must, by law, be maintained, in the same order as the oversubscription criteria, at least until the end of December in the year of entry (but can be held for longer, up to the end of year 7). Whilst an official waiting list is held, at any time the year group goes below PAN, the place must be offered to the first person on the list (and so on, down the list in order, if necessary, until the place is accepted.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
cem

Post by cem »

spanner wrote:I believe that for some schools it ends at the end of the summer term and some carry on over to December. However, you can add yourself to the in-year transfer list after this
We are on the WL for our first school . If I would like to apply for the in-year transfer application after December or beginning of the year 8 , what criteria I can apply for, is it distance, I believe I can't be on the list for academic anymore.

Thank you very much Spanner and ToadMum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

cem wrote:
We are on the WL for our first school . If I would like to apply for the in-year transfer application after December or beginning of the year 8 , what criteria I can apply for, is it distance, I believe I can't be on the list for academic anymore.

Thank you very much Spanner and ToadMum
There is a section here on the school website about in year applications.
scary mum
Father1982

Post by Father1982 »

Me again :D !

I read that the first round of CI list happens this week. Although, we have not received any communication from council or school we are in the CI of. Does this mean that there was no movement in the respective CI list? Or, do the communications go out Monday next week?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by Father1982 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarajisifa

Post by Tarajisifa »

Indeed, it has been very quiet. No news from Herts or the schools. I too thought by today we should have heard. Guess it is still early today. . .
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

If you live in Herts you can log into the online allocation system and see if your school place has been re-allocated following the 1st Continuing Interest run - it happened yesterday afternoon. No change for us. We were 14th on 1st March. I have emailed Parmiter's to see if there is any change in our rank following this week's re-allocations - no reply as yet. Good luck everyone - the ongoing uncertainty is painful!
Tarajisifa

Post by Tarajisifa »

Last edited by Tarajisifa on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tarajisifa

Post by Tarajisifa »

Oh, thanks for that information. We were not aware. After logging in, seems for most schools you still have to contact them directly as they are their own admitting authority. Wish all the info was available on the council site. It is easier to access than chasing up Admission Officers.
Last edited by Tarajisifa on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ray7

Post by Ray7 »

I did call one of the other consortium schools and was told they could only tell us about our position on WL after Easter break which is 12/4. Also called council who said offer letters have been sent but refused to discuss further and said to wait !
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

Parmiter's Priority Postcode Academic waiting list has moved by 5 places. As I feared, it doesn't appear to be moving as quickly as previous years.