Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tarajisifa

Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Post by Tarajisifa »

Hello all.

I just wondered if the position one has on the academic waiting list for Parmiters is based on either Out of Catchment or In Catchment figures, or do they combine the two lists and give overall academic waiting position?

Does anyone know how far down the waiting list they got to in September last year (not the marks, but waiting list positions)?

Thanks.
Hera

Re: Parmiters 2021 Intake Query

Post by Hera »

They have a waiting list for each admissions criteria, so one for inner academic, one for outer, one for music etc.
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

Here's what my research has found so far for movement on the Academic Priority Postcode list (pls feel free to correct if any of my data is wrong!)

2020: (fell 5-6 marks) from 214 on allocation day to 208/209 by Sept. Moved 13+ places by July.

2019: (fell 4 marks) famously low movement year. 224 to 220.

2018 (fell 6 marks). From 228 to 222 (roughly 46 places)

2017 (fell 11 marks). From 228 to 217.
Tarajisifa

Post by Tarajisifa »

Ok, thank you so much for the responses.
Father1982

Post by Father1982 »

Hi StAlbansMum33!
Thank you for this information!

Do you have similar data on Out of catchment as well? It will be great if someone can please post that.
cem

Post by cem »

Does anyone know how long are we allowed to wait on the waiting list? I heard that for the local state schools you can wait as long as you want however for the grammar schools list will be continue until end of December then will be cancel. Is that correct? I appreciate that if anyone can answer.
Ray7

Post by Ray7 »

From what I know its till the end of Yr 7
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

cem wrote:Does anyone know how long are we allowed to wait on the waiting list? I heard that for the local state schools you can wait as long as you want however for the grammar schools list will be continue until end of December then will be cancel. Is that correct? I appreciate that if anyone can answer.
There are no Grammar Schools in SW Herts, only non selective and semi-selective. All SW Herts Schools are state schools (other than private). You would be best contacting any school you wish to be on the waiting list for, to establish how the waiting lists are managed. From my own understanding, lists for academic, music, sports aptitude, sibling and distance are maintained until December. After this, you will need to request to remain on the waiting list. However, there will only be two waiting lists from this point - sibling and distance. All applicants wishing to stay on the list at this point will be ranked in accordance to distance to the school and sibling criteria only.
cem

Post by cem »

Thank you Ray7 and Loopylala.
spanner

Post by spanner »

I believe that for some schools it ends at the end of the summer term and some carry on over to December. However, you can add yourself to the in-year transfer list after this
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now