Parmiter s sports

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Codermum

Parmiter s sports

Post by Codermum »

Hello,
Please could a Parmiter s parent help shed light on sports or extra curricular activities. Due to the pandemic we were not able to go to open day. The virtual open day is not that helpful. Just want to get a better idea. Also might need classes or camps over summer. Thanks so much.
KS10

Re: Parmiter s sports

Post by KS10 »

Normally, there’s loads. They send out / put on the website everything that’s available for each year group for the term, and not just sport. They used to do a week of activities, during the first full week of the holiday I think, at an additional cost, but I’m not aware of anything that was happening throughout the summer hols.

Hopefully a Year 9 -13 parent will come along soon with more up-to-date info.
spanner

Post by spanner »

Last term there was football, rugby and basketball for the boys. Rugby was replaced by table tennis when the rules tightened. I believe there were also some music groups.
My understanding is that there is usually a lot more going on but obviously anything that takes place indoors with mixed year groups has been off the table.
Hopefully by next year they will be able to return to a full offering
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

My daughter has been on the hockey, netball and cross country teams. There are also many other sports after school and lunchtime clubs. It is usually athletics, tennis etc. in the Summer term. They are encouraged to participate and usually play against other schools. During the last Autumn term, they had the after school clubs but didn't play other schools.
Codermum

Post by Codermum »

Thanks everyone for providing a better picture of what to expect. I appreciate it...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now