Second round music test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
7Wonders

Second round music test

Post by 7Wonders »

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on the 2nd round music test for the consortium? If my daughter gets through to this she will be playing a piano piece. At home and with her teacher she plays on a good quality keyboard (not a Casio). The info on the website says that there will be a piano available for the test, or that we can ask for a keyboard (which will be a Casio). Alternatively it suggests you could bring a keyboard from home. In an ideal world I think this would be best for her (she's hardly ever played on a real piano), but I'm just not sure how practical that is. It's a big keyboard, with its own stand. Would there be someone there to carry this in for her and set it up? Is there time for this to happen? I think the worst thing would be for her to be in a fluster about it, and I assume that I'm not allowed in to help put the keyboard up. Any advice, or insight into how this has worked previously would be welcome. Thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Second round music test

Post by Daogroupie »

There will be plenty of time.

There are several tests going on at the same time and the person running the lists will not allocate you to an exam slot until you have first had a chance to use a rehearsal room and set up.

I strongly recommend you take your own equipment as she needs to be comfortable with what she is playing.

There is a very large waiting area. Both my dds did this audition and I carried in their instruments and helped them set up and was in the rehearsal room with them.

Things might be different now though of course because of Covid so please contact them and ask if you will be able to help her carry the keyboard in. DG
7Wonders

Re: Second round music test

Post by 7Wonders »

Daogroupie wrote:There will be plenty of time.

There are several tests going on at the same time and the person running the lists will not allocate you to an exam slot until you have first had a chance to use a rehearsal room and set up.

I strongly recommend you take your own equipment as she needs to be comfortable with what she is playing.

There is a very large waiting area. Both my dds did this audition and I carried in their instruments and helped them set up and was in the rehearsal room with them.

Things might be different now though of course because of Covid so please contact them and ask if you will be able to help her carry the keyboard in. DG
Thank you - that's really helpful. I had no idea how it would work - and yes, will check what the latest arrangements are.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now