Offered a WL place at Parmiter's

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

StAlbansMum33

Offered a WL place at Parmiter's

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

We've just been offered an academic WL place at Parmiter's - really didn't expect one to come up at this stage. My daughter has made a great start at another school - but we realise Parmiter's was our 1st preference for a reason. Big decision to be made. Any experiences of moving a child at this point in Y7 that people would be willing to share?
Daogroupie

Re: Offered a WL place at Parmiter's

Post by Daogroupie »

A friend of mine was offered a QE boys space just after October half term a few years ago. He took it and now nobody remembers that he was not there the first half term.

I would take it, you chose it as your first choice. DG
Soldierlady

Post by Soldierlady »

StAlbansMum33 wrote:We've just been offered an academic WL place at Parmiter's - really didn't expect one to come up at this stage. My daughter has made a great start at another school - but we realise Parmiter's was our 1st preference for a reason. Big decision to be made. Any experiences of moving a child at this point in Y7 that people would be willing to share?

I would take it too. May I ask what number she was on the waiting list?
StAlbansMum33

Post by StAlbansMum33 »

We've declined the offer. We re-visited Parmiter's this week and decided there wasn't a compelling enough reason to make the switch. We were 14th on the WL on 1st March, moving to 3rd by the end of the summer. To my knowledge 2 priority postcode academic places have come free after the start of the school year.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you so much for the update and all the really useful info.

Really great that Parmiters gave you a chance to visit.

How long in total did they give you to make your mind up?

Terrific that two families gain from this. You realise that your second choice really was your first choice and another family gets the chance of the place. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now