SW Herts music consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WP

SW Herts music consortium

Post by WP »

Does anyone know what number of marks the music auditions for the SW Herts consortium are scored out of? My recollection is that the form has space for three marks out of 15 for different aspects of the performance, plus comments.
Yves

Post by Yves »

My recollection was 45 in total. Something like: 15 for `accuracy', 15 for `musicality', and 15 for `communication'.
Couldn't figure out whether marks they gave for `communication' meant communicating the spirit of the music, or for being able to string more
than one sentence together. My son did report having a pleasant and friendly chat with the panel at the end about this and that. It was all far far less stressful than the academic exam.
WP

Post by WP »

Yves wrote:My recollection was 45 in total. Something like: 15 for `accuracy', 15 for `musicality', and 15 for `communication'.
Couldn't figure out whether marks they gave for `communication' meant communicating the spirit of the music, or for being able to string more
than one sentence together. My son did report having a pleasant and friendly chat with the panel at the end about this and that. It was all far far less stressful than the academic exam.
Thanks, Yves. I'm sure it must be musical communication, though I do wonder what they do with what they get from chatting with candidates about grades, other instruments, siblings, etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now