which papers are recommended?!

Post by Bg »

Hi all,
which papers would recommend in working from
NFER
ATHEY
AFN
BOND

Are the papers from other online web sites any good?

Its for Parmiter's School, Queens' School, Rickmansworth School and Watford Grammar School for Girls and Boys test.

Tanks
Bg

to add

Post by Bg »

Sorry, thanks...O, God I really mix it up that one :)

Post by Guest »

Hi Bg

How much time do you have i.e. is your child in Year 5 or 6? We started preparing for the same test in the January of Year 5. We started with Bond 3 for Maths and Verbal reasoning and completed Bond 4 also for Maths and 4& 5 for Verbal reasoning.

Please be aware that the Bond papers aren't particulary relevent for Maths in terms of format althought they are good for gauging gaps in knowledge.

We also used Susan Daughtrey 1-7 for Verbal Reasoning, AFN and kept the NFER until about 8 weeks before and did 1 every two weeks in between the others as there are only 4 of them. Didn't use IPS but only because we didn't find them soon enough - by the time we did find them V.R. scores on NFER were generally around 94% so we didn't feel it necessary to add any more practise papers.

On the Maths, after Bond, we used Athey but I discovered IPS (30 q's in 35 minutes) through this site a few months before our test. These were great, pretty close to the real thing in terms of format, but again we kept these until last and alternated with NFER.

Hope this helps

HP

Post by Guest »

P.S. If you register on the site you can edit out the typos from your posts :D

HP
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now