offers in march

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loup67

offers in march

Post by loup67 »

Hi,
Does anyone know whether you hear anything back from lower ranked schools once you have been offered a place at your highest ranked school,or is that it?
I know you are able to stay on the waiting list for the schools ranked higher than your offer but are you allowed to accept a school and then change your mind if offered another?
Thanks
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

Last year my DS ws offered his 3rd choice place in the first round. Herts county advised me to accept this place regardless of whether I was going to Appeal, going on any CI lists etc to ensure that the child had at least a known place. I was going to Appeal and also called every school in the Herts. consortium to see if I could get on the CI list, some were more favourable than others to this request. I also applied for the CI list at another school in St Albans not on my first list.

Luckily DS obtained a place at our first choice school within 2 weeks so we were ok. Subsequently we could have kept the place at the 3rd choice if we hadn't contacted them because county don't seem to follow up (we wrote to the 3rd choice school to allow someone else to have the place). We were later offered a place from one of the other schools we went on to the CI list in Watford for, and then later also at a school in St Albans whose CI list we had joined. Clearly the system is crazy, my advice is keep all your options open but let some other poor parent get the place you dont want as quickly as possible by contacting the school direct and don't rely on County to co-ordinate things!
watmum

Post by watmum »

Sressed but survivor wrote: my advice is keep all your options open but let some other poor parent get the place you dont want as quickly as possible by contacting the school direct and don't rely on County to co-ordinate things!
Here here Sressed but survivor. We were offered a place at Ricky school, but then after a couple of weeks were successful in getting offered a place at our first choice (parmiter's), we immediately notified Ricky in order that they could allocate to some other poor sole, this seemed fairer and speedier than leaving it all to county.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi

if you were offered your 1st choice but wanted your third I think you would have to a) accept first place then ask to see if you could go on continued interest list for third.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

If you are offered your first choice place then you won't hear from the others. They only get to know you are interested in them if the higher placed schools turn you down
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now