Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Thankyou WP for your swift reply :)
raceytracey

Re: Bushey Meads

Post by raceytracey »

This is only 10 up on last year... I had thought there would be be a much bigger increase in applicants for schools this year due to a larger number of children and also less people applying for Independent Schools.

Alison

How do you know there is a bigger increase in children this year? High birth rate I suppose? Gosh I hadnt even thought about that problem. Oh no another sleepless night I can feel coming on.

My eyes will be like tescos bags by next Monday!
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi,

We are all in the same boat so to speak raceytracey and am sure we will be able to spot each other wondering around supermarkets looking at the wines to purchase :roll: Well I will be

My Ds has not spoken regarding allocations and I think he is unaware that he will find out next week maybe this will change next week as am sure children will talk at school.

Meanwhile I continue to have very strange dreams, am not sure what to do on Monday as I think waiting for the email will be torture.

what does everyone else plan to do ?
watmum

Post by watmum »

Well my standard answer is that I will keep busy and not think about the postwoman at all all moring. The reality is of course, that I will be sitting with my nose pressed against the window all morning looking for her...she has been coming later and later these last few months, not till about 1 pm!!!! yikes
Spatel2

Post by Spatel2 »

We submitted the secondary school options online, so we will be able to logon on the 2nd, at 9am to find out which school is offered.

No need to wait for the postie, hope it doesn't snow again :-)
loup67

Post by loup67 »

Are you sure the results are available online on the 2nd? I thought it was still the 3rd,anyone else know?
WP

Post by WP »

loup67 wrote:Are you sure the results are available online on the 2nd? I thought it was still the 3rd,anyone else know?
All allocations are posted on the same day (2nd March this year), so the post should arrive on the 3rd, but electronic notification depends on your local authority. Hertfordshire send emails in the early afternoon and place allocations on the website in the late afternoon of the day allocations are posted (2nd March this year). Barnet make allocations available online from 9am the day after allocation (i.e. the 3rd this year).
loup67

Post by loup67 »

thanks,I thought it was the same day as the letters are due.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

regarding the large number of children this school year... I was just thinking back to when we did primary allocations... if we had applied a year earlier or a year later we would have got our first choice school (glad we didn't now mind as it has gone downhill since then :D ) but there were a lot of primary applications our year so we were too far away to qualify for our first choice.

I'm just keeping myself busy and have a day of pampering booked for next Monday... I'll be out of the house from 9:30am and won't be back til well after 6pm. My son wants to check the emails/website himself and then tell the rest of the family the school he got. Does the email state the allocated school or do you have to log on to the website to get that information?

No chocs or alcohol for me though ... it's not a good time to be a dieting teetotaler is it? :lol:

Good luck to all
Alison
WP

Post by WP »

AlisonR wrote:Does the email state the allocated school or do you have to log on to the website to get that information?
The subject line of the Hertfordshire email is "Online Admissions - Allocated school - CHILD'S NAME". The message contains the name of the allocated school and various bits of general procedural advice. The website will have the same information, a couple of hours later.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now