Not long now

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

What a lovely day you have planned Alison. :)

I also plan to keep myself busy do not usually work on a monday but have booked myself a couple of meetings.

I will be collecting from school though as DD is in year 1.

Ds has rugby after school on a Monday so will not be home till 4.30pm ish and I know I will be unable to resist looking at email.

This time next week at least we will know.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

that's good news about the email... makes it much easier for my son to check as we don't have to bother with all the login id and password stuff for the online admissions website.

Fingers crossed for everyone

Alison
Spatel2

hi

Post by Spatel2 »

I live in Brent so it's the 2nd March - Monday at 9am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No emails, just have to log in to online account to find out :-)
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

9am is swift after all the waiting !!

Good Luck and think of us in Herts who will still be waiting.
watdad

Post by watdad »

From previous years the email can arrive at any time. A friend of ours got their before mid day. If I remember rightly if you don’t get an email before they are up on the website you didn’t get one of your preferences!

Good luck everybody I am glad I can rely on the sibling rule this year….
naxa

Post by naxa »

Does anyone know how will we find out if we are on a waiting list for a school? e.g. if we get don't get our first choice selective school and get offered a place at a lower priority school instead - will the email / letter say that we are offered SchoolC but are on the waiting list for schoolA?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I thought that you have to apply to be on waiting/continued interest lists and it isn't something automatic. You can apply for the waiting lists for ANY school in Hertfordshire not just the ones that you applied to.

I think that the allocation letters will contain information on how to apply for the waiting lists.

Alison
WP

Post by WP »

naxa wrote:Does anyone know how will we find out if we are on a waiting list for a school? e.g. if we get don't get our first choice selective school and get offered a place at a lower priority school instead - will the email / letter say that we are offered SchoolC but are on the waiting list for schoolA?
The email just names your allocated school, and also says:
If you have not been offered your first ranked school, you will also find enclosed with your allocation letter a "Secondary What Can You Do Now?" leaflet, which will help to explain the options now open to you.
That leaflet will also be on the website after allocation day. As Alison said, you need to apply to be put onto waiting lists, to the school for voluntary aided or foundation schools, to the county for others.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

When we completed SIF for one school they had a seperate form for Continued interest List. The others did not.

Re appeals in Herts having read threads would it be fair to say that you have to proove that test etc was not fairly admimistered for your child to have any hope of success or strong medical grounds ?

Hoping everyone has the outcomes they wish.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

You can also appeal if you think the rules have not be correctly applied.

If you find out your child got X in the test for school A and the lowest mark needed for the school was lower than this but you were allocated a lower choice than school A then I think that you have very good grounds for appeal. (I hope that means sense!).

Do we find out our children's test scores and the lowest mark needed to be allocated a place at given schools? Does this come from the schools themselves?

With the tests I'm wondering if you can question the mark that your child acquired and ask to see their actual test papers or request a remark of the papers?

Alison
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now