Confirmation

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nearing11+

Post by nearing11+ »

Son going to DAO, where abouts are you HR.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Parmiter's for us (sibling)
HR

Post by HR »

Hi nearing11+, well done to your son! We're in Hatfield, how about you?

HR
ttmum

Post by ttmum »

Got the most disappointing news. My dd was alloacted Bushey Hall School despite Queens being the closest in proximity to me. Next step?
WP

Post by WP »

ttmum wrote:Got the most disappointing news. My dd was allocated Bushey Hall School despite Queens being the closest in proximity to me. Next step?
I very sorry to hear that. See the county's leaflet Secondary – What Can You Do Now? for your options. Basically you have to accept the offer unless you have alternative education plans, but you can also appeal and/or go on the waiting lists for the schools you missed out on. Was BM among your preferences?

Post by 40 »

So sorry to hear that ttmum, phone help line is busy (as expected) dd has not been offered 1st choice but am going to wait until tomorrow as cant get through to anyone right now. as far as I know you can appeal and go on a waiting list. It might be worth posting on appeals. Sorry I cant be of help but it's our first time.

really hope it works out for you

b
watdad

Post by watdad »

ttmum wrote:Got the most disappointing news. My dd was alloacted Bushey Hall School despite Queens being the closest in proximity to me. Next step?
Get your name on as many waiting lists ASAP. Queens and Bushey Meads being the most obvious but if there are any other schools that you would be happy with get on their list too. You might want to consider Marlborough or any other if you really do not want to go to Bushey Hall

I went through this last year and ended up with Queens even though it wasn't one of my original choices. The one thing you ca not do is rely on the appeals process, they do not work in Watford!
Abmum

Post by Abmum »

ttmum wrote:Got the most disappointing news. My dd was alloacted Bushey Hall School despite Queens being the closest in proximity to me. Next step?
We had the same problem last year, we didn't get any of the three schools we listed and were offered FC. We looked on the list they give of schools with places available and after a couple of weeks soul searching, we requested Longdean as it was near enough for us (15 min drive). We still appealed for 2 schools from our list but failed on both and our child went to Longdean and has settled in very well and this school has achieved better results than one of the schools we appealed for ! It is worth looking on the list of places available as it isn't alway schools that are unpopular that have spaces but some due to the size of school.
ttmum

Post by ttmum »

Thank you all for your replies and encouragement. I am at work and still in shock and feeling so guilty as a mother. Can't even think of facing my dd to tell her she was allocated Bushey Hall. We will certainly go on the continued interest list. Thank you once again.
tense

Post by tense »

Hey Watdad. I remember well your journey from last year. Hope your son has settled happily at Queens.

So sorry to hear your news ttmum.

And congratulations to those of you who got good news!

T x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now