continued interest list?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cuabanda

continued interest list?

Post by cuabanda »

hello all

does anyone know how the `continued interest list` works?

is it a first come first served type of basis or do they apply the same criteria as the original applications?

one stressed and unhappy parent.
WP

Re: continued interest list?

Post by WP »

cuabanda wrote:does anyone know how the `continued interest list` works?

is it a first come first served type of basis or do they apply the same criteria as the original applications?
They are required by the Admissions Code to use the same criteria as the original allocation, not order of application. That means that when you ask to be put on the CI list for one of these schools, they actually place you on one for each criterion that you might qualify under, distance, academic or music. You'll have a different position in each list, and the lists will move at different rates. Substantial numbers do get in via the CI lists each year.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Hi All
Does anyone have any idea what chances are on a CI list if child is in single digits currently for Watford Girls under music criteria?? Very distraught parent :cry:
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Ricky my sympathies are with you.

I do not know but you could try asking the school where they went to last year.
sorry I have nothing more useful to offer.
watdad

Post by watdad »

Ricky wrote:Hi All
Does anyone have any idea what chances are on a CI list if child is in single digits currently for Watford Girls under music criteria?? Very distraught parent :cry:
Where are you on the academic?
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

On academic 25. what do you think?
watdad

Post by watdad »

I think you have an outside shot but you will be waiting right up until the wire IMO but it is hard to say. The CI list won’t have settled yet. Some people may not have asked to go on it some may have accepted other schools and may be keeping options open etc.

I would read more into where you are at the end of the month! – Although that must seem so far away :fingers crossed:
mick999

Post by mick999 »

Hello All,

If a place becomes available after 2nd March, does the school contact parents with DC on waiting list directly or does the offer come from the Local Authority?

Thanks
WP

Post by WP »

mick999 wrote:If a place becomes available after 2nd March, does the school contact parents with DC on waiting list directly or does the offer come from the Local Authority?
For foundation or voluntary aided schools, it will be the school. For community and voluntary controlled schools it will be the LA.
ttmum

Post by ttmum »

Ricky wrote:On academic 25. what do you think?
How did you find out that your child was 25 on academic and a single digit on distance from Watford Grammar?
Thanks