Parmiters music test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wiley123

Parmiters music test

Post by wiley123 »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what the mark for the audition part of the music test is out of? I believe the aptitude test mark is out of 60.

Thanks
WP

Re: Parmiters music test

Post by WP »

wiley123 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what the mark for the audition part of the music test is out of? I believe the aptitude test mark is out of 60.
The mark sheet, which they ask candidates to take into the audition, has 3 parts each marked out of 15. Parmiter's add together the two scores, but I understand that some other schools use only the audition.
wiley123

thanks

Post by wiley123 »

Thanks for that. My son got 38/45 for the audition. I knw this sounds high, but has anyone got experience of their child getting accepted with a higher/lower score?

Thanks
WP

Re: thanks

Post by WP »

wiley123 wrote:Thanks for that. My son got 38/45 for the audition. I knw this sounds high, but has anyone got experience of their child getting accepted with a higher/lower score?
That's above the cutoff for either catchment of the Watford Grammars in recent years (see the statistics sticky), but hard to compare with Parmiter's, because they add the score in the written test.
seethapatelsp

Post by seethapatelsp »

Hi! I have been trying to call up Parmiters for the past couple of days but have not been able to get through. DS is first on the Music waiting list but I do not Know his score yet! Would someone let me know (realistically) What chances does he have in getting a place at Parmiters? The waiting is unbearable!!!
winnie

Post by winnie »

If your DS is definately in 1st place then I am confident that you will get offered a place any day now.
wiley123

you will

Post by wiley123 »

Some places were being offered today, I know as I spoke to admissions. So you will be offered if you were in 1st place. My DS is now no. 1 on the waiting list apparently. So if you have a better offer please take it for our sake (as we currently haven't any of our choices and have been allocated a school in 'special measures', which we have rejected). So we are school-less!

Crazy world, especially as DSs score would have easily passed Watford Boys, but we can't apply as we live in St. Albans!!

I could cry. And so could my wife.......
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Wiley123, I hope it works out for you. I feel desperate for you; having read your post.

Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting for the waiting lists to start moving.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Wiley123 that is exciting for you, keep it all crossed! where did you start on the waiting list for Parm? has there only been a teeny bit of movement?
I wondered how the separate lists all move, i.e the distance/accademic/music lists how do the school choose which one to fill the next place from? prob a silly question.

Good luck anyway, keep us posted.
wiley123

Thanks for the support

Post by wiley123 »

Thanks for the kind words. I'll update if we get any news.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now