National offer day, I'm nervous !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Re: National offer day, I'm nervous !

Post by PettswoodFiona »

ToadMum wrote:If you look at the secondary school admissions information for the relevant LEA, or at the details for the individual schools, under the 'distance' criterion it should tell you how the distance is calculated. (For fully selective schools, distance may only be a tiebreaker).
Yes Bromley do this but as Kent have so many schools with all sorts of criteria they do not generally collate this into their booklet which often means contacting the individual schools. Kent also often have priority parishes which add complications to their 'system'.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
ToadMum wrote:If you look at the secondary school admissions information for the relevant LEA, or at the details for the individual schools, under the 'distance' criterion it should tell you how the distance is calculated. (For fully selective schools, distance may only be a tiebreaker).
Yes Bromley do this but as Kent have so many schools with all sorts of criteria they do not generally collate this into their booklet which often means contacting the individual schools. Kent also often have priority parishes which add complications to their 'system'.
If distance comes anywhere into a school's criteria, even as a tiebreaker between two children on the same score and both former LAC, etc, then the method of calculation (safe walking route / straight line) should be stated. Presumably one individual would not be looking to try to get their own DC into so many schools that they would think the time taken to check for those that they were genuinely and realistically interested in was too onerous?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nmtabari

Post by nmtabari »

salsa wrote:We've waited so long, what is a few more days? They'll soon be over. Oh, remember that every year a lucky parent receives the news early courtesy of their headteacher, who presumably doesn't know they have to keep it quiet until Allocation day!

Your question is partially answered here in this thread. Start reading facial expressions from Thursday!

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 19&t=49749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What time will the allocation emails be sent out on 1st of March? Early morning? Afternoon? Evening?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

nmtabari , I think it will be late afternoon going by last years thread and the info from our LA.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I think Kent usually say from 4pm - all the information about email timing and postal results is in the Kent LA website.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
salsa

Post by salsa »

Yes, it says 4pm, but I'm sure I'll be logging in before on the off chance they've put it earlier on the website!
:lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

We were lucky in ds1's year, due to an admin error it was released about three days early!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
salsa

Post by salsa »

I'll get clicking, then! The schools get the information tomorrow, so a bit of body language reading, if I find the headteacher, who normally hides around this time of the year. Very wise! :lol:
Sairam

Post by Sairam »

Just checking how is everyone doing . Does anyone know if a letter will be posted out as well in the post ?
mystery

Post by mystery »

It says log in from 5pm on the website but we got our offer just after 4pm by logging on. Got first preference. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now