GL Assessment - Kent Test Provider for 2018?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LocalTWmum1

GL Assessment - Kent Test Provider for 2018?

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

Sounds like it might well continue to be GL for next year having just seen the following FOI request?
Will GL Assessment still be responsible for administering the Kent Test in
September 2018? When is their current contract with KCC due to expire?

I can confirm that GL Assessment’s contract with KCC to provide the tests
taken in 2017 has recently expired, and we are currently in discussion
about the extension of the contract for 2018.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1056520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news I think for us familiar with the current format, although no guarantees they'll get the extension! Didn't Medway switch supplier in May, only a few months before the test?
mystery

Re: GL Assessment - Kent Test Provider for 2018?

Post by mystery »

What date was the FOI response you saw? You could FOI again yourself but in my experience they were always very helpful if you emailed admissions and asked what was going on when with the test. My feeling is they're unlikely to change unless GL comes up with a terrible price or there is some political pressure to do so - both seem unlikely.

What of course you don't know if is at some point they throw in another surprise like the spatial stuff which isn't in the familiarisation papers. You could ask if they have any plans to change the subjects in the test, length of test etc. This can happen even with GL and it's more that you want to know than whether it is GL or CEM.